Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Huge mailboxes
  •  
blturner

Send a private message to this user
I have an Exchange 2003 server with only 25 users. Two of those users are bumping into the 20 gb mailbox limit with several others over 5 gb.

Will Kerio Connect 7 handle this?
  •  
marook

No problem!

If those users use mobile devices, you might wanna teach them to keep the Inbox under 5-8K messages, though. And even better, smaller amount.
huge inbox = long initial sync time (both that goes for most mail servers..)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
marook

Even better...
Go download the demo, install...
Go download the Exchange Migration tool, and make a test migration.. test it out, be happy (or simply sleep better.. )

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2010 01:57]

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
blturner

I have the demo running now. I had to install the migration tool on a faster machine. I was able to move over a smaller test mailbox. What I can't find in the manual is can I just migrate the big mailboxes while they are live in use on the old server. And then migrate them again for real later.

They say the migration tool will do 1 gig per hour. That will be 20 hours for that one mailbox. I can't easily ask the company president to not check his mail for 20 hours. I would do it over the holiday but I will be on vacation. If the mailbox is not accessible during the migration then I will have to work a lot of weekends to get this pulled off. Thank goodness for remote control.

I am also looking for a searchable archiving system to mate up to Kerio. I know that they are out there for Exchange but they all look to be high maintenance and expensive. Will one for exchange work for Kerio?

Brian
Previous Topic: synchronize somehow with Apple Caldav server?
Next Topic: KMS 6.7 User Mail Backup
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 00:31:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.