Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple: "iOS 4: Exchange Mail, Contacts, or Calendars may not sync after update" (ActiveSync iOS 4 alert/patch, does it apply to KC?)
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
Apple has released the following Knowledge Base article regarding iOS 4 and ActiveSync:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3398

A patch file is available via the KB article.

Does this affect Kerio Connect?

Should it be installed for ActiveSync users of Kerio Connect?

Thanks,

Will Mayall

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2010 03:25]

•  
chrisrosa

Was wondering the exact same thing. I haven't noticed any problems on my iPhone, or on the server.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We have no reports about similar issues with Kerio Connect. There are no public details about what's wrong in the Exchange server however this issue seems to be related to Exchange servers only.
  •  
chrisrosa

A little more info was released last night. Apparently the fix modifies the iPhone's DefaultEASTaskTimeout from the default 30 secs, to 240 secs. Apparently at 30, there were more time outs, which meant more requests. Details here.

As I mentioned before, I haven't heard of any reports of problems from users, and I haven't noticed any impact on the server side. Is there any way for us admins to know for sure? Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 01 July 2010 16:27]

•  
marook

Note: you need to REBOOT the iPhone after installing this profile!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
chrisrosa

Were you seeing problems with iOS4 and Kerio Connect? If so, what exactly?

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2010 01:23]

Previous Topic: Emails being sent to admin account
Next Topic: Contact management via script
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:24:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.