Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Quota limit number of items
  •  
GlennK

Send a private message to this user
Is anyone setting limits on Item Count (vs storage size?) I just had a client that had 248,000 items in one folder. Obviously this killed webmail and I had to delete using the terminal on the server. I can't see any reason why someone would need this many items even in their entire account. I'm not sure how this happened although something to do with the deleted items and the deleted messages folders in Apple Mail. I think the user had them assigned wrong and kept emptying the trash, causing an evil cycle. Anyway, a limit on item count would at least stop the madness before it came to me having to rolling up sleeves at the server.
  •  
TorW

Having unlimited anything is unwise (which you've probably figured out by now), so we routinely set the limit to 50,000 items no matter what the size limit for the entire mailbox is. If nothing else it functions as a sort of dead man's switch. Our biggest account (~10 GB) has just under 20,000 items in it.
  •  
GlennK

I think I'll go for somewhere around 120,000 just to be on the safe side. But I agree with the dead man's switch principle.
Previous Topic: Contact management via script
Next Topic: monthly backup issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 00:34:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.