Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone (IOS 4) Push not working (Not receiving any push notifications, manual checking also occasionally failing)
  •  
marketconnections

Messages: 24
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
I have a 3GS running IOS 4 that's not getting any push sync from Kerio Connect 7.0.2.

The account is setup as an Exchange account and I've triple checked all the account settings and push settings and everything looks right.

In Admin, if I right-click the user account and look at Status>Mobile Devices, the remote iPhone shows up fine. The last sync time indicated is always listed as the last time I open Mail on the iPhone and manually check for mail.

On the iPhone, another Exchange account, linked to Gmail, is getting push notifications no problem, a minute after a message is sent.

The test messages are properly appearing in the Mail.app Inbox on a Mac OS Desktop. (No, I'm not flagging the messages as read).

The message can sit, unread, for an hour and the iPhone will not give me my push notification. It will only sync when I manually open the Kerio account mailbox. I'm also having probelms with manual fetching. Sometimes I'll open my Kerio Inbox and wait for a minute while the spinner spins. I'll eventually get the message: "Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed". The only thing that seems to fix this is resetting the phone, or going Airplane mode for a radio reset. This is 3G on Rogers, not Wifi, although I was having the same problems with Wifi (connecting over a Sympatico DSL line). A laptop on the same Wifi has no problems connecting.

I have turned off the iPhone's timed fetch so that I'm not confusing a Fetch with a Push.

I've verified that Push is enabled, and in the Advanced section, that Push is enabled for this account.

Can anyone point me in a direction I might try looking? Some log I might look at. I've turned debug on for ActiveSync logs, but I can't tell if there's a problem.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 July 2010 00:35]

  •  
marketconnections

Messages: 24
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
Found the problem. I had some bad DNS going on. One of my 2 DNS Servers was pushing out the wrong info. Confusing everyone. Fixed DNS and now my Push works like a charm.
  •  
kcaporaso

Messages: 7
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
What was the odd dns issue? I'm seeing the same issues on my iPhone 4 os4.0.1. Kerio connect 7.0.1.
No push working. All settings look great. Thx
  •  
marketconnections

Messages: 24
Karma: 0
Send a private message to this user
I have my domain in an internal view BIND zone and an external view BIND zone. Previous to my problem I had updated the zone files, and accidentally put the internal zone data in the external zone file and vice versa. It didn't kill everything, because my backup DNS hadn't updated, but it produced a lot of weird problems until I realized what I'd done.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2010 03:44]

Previous Topic: Lost localized symbols in filenames in attachments
Next Topic: Active Directory Extension
Goto Forum:
  


Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:58:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00512 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.
Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.4.