Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Battery drain when using Activesync
  •  
prullenbak

Send a private message to this user
Since the upgrade to Kerio Connect 7 we are experiencing extreme bettery drain on all our Windows Mobile phones (connected to Kerio using Active Sync pushmail)

This used to work fine before. Batteries lasted for 5 days but now our employees can hardly survive a normal wokring day with their phones.

Anyone else who is experiencing the same issue?
  •  
ICT and Me

Yes indeed. I have the same problem with my own Windows Mobile.
And i'm using/testing the beta version of Connect.
Before i can use the battery for more than 3 days.
Now i must recharge almost every day.
I heard the same complain from customers.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
GlennK

This is normal for activesync using push. There might be a way on the phone to have it check every set every 15 or 30 minutes instead of using push. Push will eat the battery alive. Not Kerio's fault.
  •  
prullenbak

We have used pushmail on earlier versions of Kerio without any problems. It looks like something has changed to the Activesync protocol of Kerio Connect which causes high power consumption of the phones.

This did *not* happen with the 6.xx version of Kerio we used before.
  •  
GlennK

activesync itself is the protocol....
  •  
prullenbak

I just got the following feedback from Kerio Support:

Many thanks for your help in isolating this problem, I have just received word from our developers that they have located the part of the code that has led to this regression behavior and they have logged this as a bug now.

For now, until the bug is resolved, you can reduce the frequency of your push, if your settings will permit it. I will leave this ticket in our "Awaiting bug reply" queue and we will contact you when the version is released that contains this fix.

I hope this information helps.

•  
dft601

Good news... Maybe this causes also the problem that my WM 6.5 device won´t go to suspend on it´s own.
Have to use the power button every time... So when the device resumes because of a SMS or new email it also will not go back to suspend mode.

That´s why my battery is empty every day.

Mike
  •  
bverre

GlennK wrote on Mon, 05 July 2010 05:55
This is normal for activesync using push. There might be a way on the phone to have it check every set every 15 or 30 minutes instead of using push. Push will eat the battery alive. Not Kerio's fault.

It seemed to work ok for everyone with the 6.7.x series (including me) without massive battery drain. Since the upgrade to 7.x, our phones are draining battery fast... it's a real regression in Kerio, from what I've seen.

Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2010 00:25]

•  
dft601

Does Kerio 7.1 help ?
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 7.1 has been released
Next Topic: iPhone Configuration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:34:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.