Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Shared/Public Calendar & iPhone - Cannot Connect Using SSL (Unable to connect to a shared calendar on iPhone due to obscure error messages)
  •  
Kloopy

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've searched the forums and tried a few tips from other threads but can't solve my problem:

I'm trying to add a public calendar to my iPhone using the following URL, which I got from the web interface's "Use in Calendar Client" screen:

https://mail.domain.com/calendars/domain.com/user/Public%20f olders/Vibe/Calendar

When I put this in to the iPhone calendar setup I get an error message saying "Cannot Connect Using SSL". If I click to try in non-SSL mode I get the standard message "Unable to verify account information."

I can guarantee my username/password are correct as if I use the URL https://mail.domain.com/caldav I get access to my own calendar no problem.

I am also suspicious I am on the correct lines to get this working as if I change the shared calendar URL to have a different domain user or path I instantly get the "Unable to verify account information." error without any complaint of SSL.

Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone know a work around? How can I get this shared calendar working on the iPhone?

Many thanks,

Matt
(I'm using: Kerio 7.0.0 Patch 2, iPhone 4 + iOS 4)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Ignore the error messages and Save the account. It's a bug in iOS4 reported to Apple. Calendar subscribing does work if the account is saved however account verification is buggy in iOS4.
BTW: Have you considered using CalDAV instead of calendar subscription? It's much more efficient and faster.
  •  
Kloopy

Thank you for the help! I'll do that.

The reason I'm using the calendar subscription instead of a caldav URL is just because I couldn't find the format of the CalDAV URL I need to access the shared calendar at "Public Folders/Vibe/Calendar" Smile If you could point me in the right direction for this I would be most appreciative!

Thanks again for the very prompt and helpful reply Smile
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

CalDAV is not designed to sync one particular calendar - it does sync all calendars in an account. In this case all public calendars you have access to. See http://support.kerio.com/kb/530 for instructions how to set it up on the iPhone.
  •  
Kloopy

I didn't CalDAV synced every calendar, so I've switched over to CalDAV and given it a try. Whilst both the following domains pass account verification on the iPhone, neither of them shows me the content from "Public Folders/Vibe/Calendar". I have checked the permissions for this via the web interface and my account is explicitly down as an Administrator for the public calendar.

http://domain.com/principals/
http://domain.com/principals/users/domain.com/.public

Should either (if so which) of these URLs show the content from the public calendar located in "Public Folders/Vibe/Calendar"? If they should and aren't, do I need to set any specific permissions on "Public Folders" and or "Public Folders/Vibe"?

Thanks again!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Ah. I see the calendar is in sub-folder. Well, the CalDAV does not support hierarchy in calendars. Therefore only calendars in the root level of the mailbox are accessible via CalDAV protocol.
  •  
Kloopy

Mr Pdobry,

This would explain a lot! Many thanks for your help today, looks like I'll need some restructuring of the folder heirachy.

Matt
  •  
Kloopy

As per my original post I was using Kerio Connect 7.0.0 patch 2. Yesterday we upgraded to 7.0.2 and the group CalDAV no longer shows any content in iPhone calendar. The details still pass iPhone's verification stage in settings but all the data is missing from the calendar.

Did anything change for the CalDAV shared calendar(s) between 7.0.0 patch 2 and 7.0.2?
Previous Topic: kerio-connect 7.1 RC2 on a production server???
Next Topic: Migrate Kerio users in parts.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:46:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.