Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.0.0 killing IIS taking over port 80 (IIS won't start any webs until I stop the Kerio service)
  •  
Tim

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect 7.0.0 killing IIS taking over port 80.
This is very strange. As of 2 days ago, when I restart my Windows Web Server 2008, all my webs are stopped and they default to the kerio web login page.

IIS won't start any webs until I stop the Kerio service, (through task manager), manually open IIS and start EACH web then right click and start kerio again.
Then everything will work in harmony.
I do not know what is causing this issue, but I have only noticed it since I installed SQL Server 2008 R2 (full version not the free version you get through M$ Web Platform Installer). I tried uninstalling it and a reboot later and the issue remained.
I do not know if it was the SQL Server install that started the issue, just that I am aware of it now.
This is VERY Strange.
I am running Windows Web Server 2008 fully legitimate licensed software, pirated software is not my cause.

Please, I have been trying to locate a cause/fix for this problem all night and could use some help.

When I try to start the webs before I stop kerio, the error I get is:
"IIS Manager Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)"

It took me a while to realize it was Kerio that was the culprit. I do not want to use webmail as it is not needed anyway. I use Kerio for forwarding and IMAP and a little pop thrown in.

So, PLEASE assist me if you would be so kind. I really enjoy Kerio mailserver and

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 15:06]

•  
TorW

You sell CDs with 200 million email addresses on them and come to a mail admin forum to ask for help? That's actually pretty funny, except I'm not laughing.

Go away.
  •  
Tim

TorW wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 09:17
You sell CDs with 200 million email addresses on them and come to a mail admin forum to ask for help? That's actually pretty funny, except I'm not laughing.

Go away.

I am having a problem with software. I am not asking for your opinion on my businesses. I am asking for a solution to a problem I am having with this software. No one asked you for your input on anything but the issue detailed above.
Do you agree with my business? I suppose not.
Do I care that you do not agree? Absolutely not.
Please step aside and let someone assist that can keep their foot out of their own mouth.
I suggest you examine self before you judge me.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 17:19] by Moderator

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

First of all, calm down. There is no place for personal attacks here.

Tim, your problem with port 80 is that two services want to use that port and it depends which one is started first. If you don't want to use webmail, login to Control administration and disable services HTTP and HTTPS (you'll lose CalDAV, ActiveSync and other services as well). Please also remove those links in your forum signature before I do so. This is not the right place to propagate your business.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Tim

Petr,
Thank you for taking the time to provide some assistance.
I know port 80 cannot serve 2 programs.
My concern is that Kerio has functioned properly for 2.5 weeks and now out of the blue it is malfunctioning.
We have not changed any configuration information, much less logged into the administration this week.
Only having installed SQL Server 2008 R2 and rebooted the server did we realize there was an issue.
We generally restart this server 3 times a week whether it needs it or not.
The mail was not trying to overtake port 80 the day before yesterday, but on July 5th, we installed SQL and all was amiss.
Can you shed some light on this?
I will attempt your service disable and notify if that stops the port 80 assignment.
Tim
  •  
Tim

It is working now without trying to take port 80.
I have it a couple reboots to be certain.
For those that need to know how it was done, please open kerio connect administration and log in.
then go to configuration
then go to services
then click on http and click stop
Do the same for https
Restart the server to ensure it was the culprit.
That's it!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Well, what is then the sense of running the groupware server if you disable most of its services?
It did work before because it depends on the order in which the services are started. First come first serve. You need two IP addresses and run the IIS and Kerio Connect on different addresses.

BTW: Advertisements and SEO page rank tricks are not tolerated here. Please change your footer in user settings. I'm serious.
  •  
Tim

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 12:29
Well, what is then the sense of running the groupware server if you disable most of its services?
It did work before because it depends on the order in which the services are started. First come first serve. You need two IP addresses and run the IIS and Kerio Connect on different addresses.

BTW: Advertisements and SEO page rank tricks are not tolerated here. Please change your footer in user settings. I'm serious.

PDO,
Thank you for your feedback.
I do not need the groupware server, I only need the essential mail features. Not the webmail.
My point is why was it starting after IIS before, but now starting before IIS?
The only thing that has changed was the SQL install. Could that be taking longer to start so Kerio is satrting now before IIS?
You two seem so concerned with my signature, CHANGE IT! I am trying to get to the bottom of a software issue not whine about a bloody signature.
Focus on the issue at hand. The issue is the change in the way kerio is operating.
Plonkers

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 19:48]

•  
Tim

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 12:29

Are you serious? There is nothing to be gained from a brand new thread. There is no pr you bafoon.
If one cannot put links in his signature, why would the ability be there for one to do it?
I have done nothing wrong here. I am trying to diagnose and assess an issue with software that this forum supports.
You do not like that I sell email lists, I do not like that you post wikis.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Tim, please keep in mind the rules of this forum.
Actually, the attitude shown in your last post does not make people willing to help. I guess it is doing the opposite.

I already described that this is not a product problem but it's an application conflict on your server. Caused by server reboot or changes from SQL server install. There is nothing we can do other than the advices you already got (use multiple IP addresses or disable one of conflicting services).
  •  
Tim

You are missing the issue. Please read what I am typing.
The Kerio ran perfectly well until SQL was installed.
So, there must be something there. When you install SQL with Kerio already running it could cause an issue as the one I have been describing.
I am a paying customer of Kerio. I have invested thousands of dollars into software that I like, use, recommend and feel secure having. I am not a "free" license holder.
Please show some respect to my issues at hand.
  •  
elias

Tim wrote on Tue, 06 July 2010 17:16
You are missing the issue. Please read what I am typing.
The Kerio ran perfectly well until SQL was installed.

No, you're missing the issue.

SQL Server doesn't normally need IIS to function. There are a couple of features that _can_ use IIS (I think Reporting Services is one of them), but they're totally optional. Since none of my SQL Servers have IIS installed, I can only guess that if you had IIS installed, and if you blindly installed Reporting Services without knowing what it does, that its possible that the SQL installer configured IIS in such a way that it took over port 80 to enable Reporting Services for you.

Regardless, Petr is right, this isn't a Kerio issue, this is your error by blindly installing a product you don't understand.

-Elias
  •  
Tim

Elias,
I understand SQL perfectly well. I understand and did install the reporting services.
The issue is that Kerio was taking over port 80, not SQL after SQL was installed.
You all are acting like I am accusing Kerio of being poor software or somehow inferior.
You insulting me saying that I don't know what I am doing is also un called for.
I know servers, SQL and IIS.
I also know Kerio did not take over port 80 until SQL was installed.
Somehow, the HTTP and HTTPS re-enabled after SQL install.
They were disabled before installing SQL.
Once SQL installed, the HTTP and HTTPS were somehow enabled.
This is the issue I am referring to. I do classify this as an issue as I didn't enable the http or https service but they were enabled.
As I mentioned earlier, I will attempt to recreate the issue on one of our development boxes tomorrow.
Have a great night and thank you for the help.
Tim
  •  
r1sync

what part dont you get? Both IIS and Kerio are trying to use the same port and it wont work, and like most of here we dont want to help you!

R1sync Kerio Hosting

www.r1sync.com
Tim

Once again, another useless poster trying to build reputation by wasting my time an everyone else's time that reads his post.
Stating the obvious does not make you appear smart, although it has the exact opposite effect.

We all know both IIS and Kerio are trying to use port 80. The issue is WHY. Why, after installing SQL, did Kerio re-enable the HTTP and HTTPS services?
Previous Topic: Kerio conector and outlook 2007 still not to junk email
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.1.0 RC 2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:50:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00626 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.