Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF for Outlook 2010 Reminders
  •  
mrtheferrett

Send a private message to this user
Having a strange problem with reminders using KOFF with Outlook 2010. I can't create reminders in the calendar when setting up calendar events. Here's the error that I get:

"The reminder will not appear because the item is in a folder that doesn't support reminders."

I can create the reminder in webmail and then Outlook will handle it properly.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
  •  
charliebee

I have the same issue. I first created the event in Outlook 2010 and acknowledge the error. After reading your post I logged in the webmail but the reminder was already there. Now I don't know if it will be triggered or not...
  •  
mrtheferrett

Charliebee,

That's really interesting, it didn't occur to me to just see if it 'magically' worked. I'll try it as well and post the results here.
  •  
mrtheferrett

Amazing...it works. Created the entry in the Outlook calendar, set a reminder, ignored the error message and saved it. The reminder then proceeded to show up despite the error message.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!
  •  
charliebee

Yes same thing here. Although Outlook returns an error, the reminder does follow up on both Outlook and my iPhone. Yay!
  •  
Network Innovation

So, is this fixed in 7.2.1 or is there a fix for this in an upcoming release?
  •  
EdRoxter

Does this happen in the "root" Calendar folder? That shouldn't be the case at all.

If it happens with custom-added subcalendars or subscribed calendars, this is definitely a feature integrated in Outlook, not Kerio (would happen with original Exchange as well).

Imagine you have a huge company with, let's say, 5000 people subscribed to a public generic calendar as editors. One person is a troll and makes a whole workday full of 1-minute appointments, all with a reminder. 5000 effing Outlooks will beep every effing minute until someone deletes the appointments. This is why only the user's very own root Calendar folder can trigger reminders.

Though, if it happens in the root Calendar with your Outlook2010s, it is a bug, not a feature - but most likely an Outlook bug. Have you already installed SP1?
Previous Topic: Kerio and Blackberry Playbook
Next Topic: Axigen to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:43:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.