Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio port 80 and Apache port 8888? (Webmail and Apache port)
  •  
Per58

Send a private message to this user
How to setup a apache and kerio webmail in mac os x 10.5?
kerio should listen on port 80.
Apache on port 8888
have change http.conf to Listen 8888
and /Library/WebServer/Documents/folder
I have a index.php
Apache is working but I get the "Apache Welcome page", sometimes before the correct page is loading.
Kerio webmail is working on port 80, but I get the "Apache Welcome page", sometimes before the correct kerio login page is loading, it should not be visible on port 80.
Is it possible to run Apache and Kerio together, and have Kerio on port 80?

•  
TorW

Per58 wrote on Thu, 15 July 2010 13:42

Is it possible to run Apache and Kerio together, and have Kerio on port 80?

Yes.
  •  
marook

Make sure you don't have a site in Apache that listens to port 80.

And check Kerio if it has started the HTTP service! It will not do so, if another service is using the port on the same IP.

But most locations where I need to run Apache on the same IP, I setup Apache to listen on port 80 and then a redirect 'site' for the kerio host name that redirects to HTTPS (are you Really sure you like Kerio to run without SSL?)

As long as you set the site names in Apache differently, you can have multiple sites running on the same IP, no problem..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
Per58

Make sure you don't have a site in Apache that listens to port 80.

Yes it is running, listen on port 8888 only, (spec i httpd.conf)

And check Kerio if it has started the HTTP service! It will not do so, if another service is using the port on the same IP.

Yes, it is running on port 80. Load sometimes direct and sometimes with "Welcome to Apache" page.

But most locations where I need to run Apache on the same IP, I setup Apache to listen on port 80 and then a redirect 'site' for the kerio host name that redirects to HTTPS (are you Really sure you like Kerio to run without SSL?)

As long as you set the site names in Apache differently, you can have multiple sites running on the same IP, no problem..

I will try to set another hostname for port 8888. Perhaps this would avoid the "Welcome to Apache " page at port 80.
  •  
marcobat

Hi,
you might want to consider using apache proxy module and change kerio port to something else (like 8080 or 8888).
I no longer do but i used this setup and i fund it to be very flexible, it allows to (transparently to the users) run both a website and kerio on the same port (kerio is actually running on a different port but the proxy makes it work on port 80 from the user perspective).
I remember a sample apache proxy setup had circulated in this forum some time ago.
take care.
Marco
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect very slow in Outlook
Next Topic: How to reduce avserver RAM usage on OSX
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:05:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.