Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 7.1 Kerio Blackberry Connector (LDAP and Kerio Blackberry Connector)
  •  
remzi

Send a private message to this user
I have no solution so far.
  •  
natediggs

Having a similar issue. I have AD installed. I have the MAPI components installed and I get this when Kerio Connect for Blackberry gets to the point of registering services:

Creating of MAPI profiles needed for kerio connector for Blackberry failed. Error: 'Exception of class HResultException:ProfileCreator\Creator.cpp(177), Creator::createKoffService:0x80000401a'

I am a huge Blackberry fan and BES for Kerio is the one feature I'd REALLY like to get working.
  •  
hbianchi

Is there any briefing or manual about how to implement BlackBerry enterprise Server with Kerio. I have no previous installation of BES and anywere it says you should have Exchange to install it. Can this be avoided? How. I think that if Kerio provides the KBC for BES, should thnk that there will be more users that has no BES at all than users that already have. So we can install BES Express, that is free, but all manuals tell us how to install with Exchange previosly installed and not without any mail server installed.
  •  
remzi

I'd suggest you reading the Kerio installation docs, along with BES connector, instead of hijacking this thread Smile

Exchange installation is NOT required. Technically, BES can work with Exchange, Notes or Groupwise. And now Kerio is offering a connector that in a sense simulates and makes BES think Exchange is installed.

So all you need is:

Install Kerio
Install Kerio Blackberry Connector
Install BES or BES Express.
  •  
id t

You also need AD, albeit it can be empty (just run dcpromo.exe and choose the defaults).
  •  
natediggs

AD cannot be empty if you're using BES 5.0+. An AD login is required just to complete the install.
  •  
remzi

I tried the release version. The issues still stand. If I don't install AD, the Blackberry Administration Service can't install. If I install AD, Kerio Blackberry Connect can't create MAPI, it is not aware of Kerio LDAP's non-default ports.
  •  
philippp

Did you find a solution yet? I think I have the same issue. I am stuck in the screen of BESX installation where it asks for MAPI server / mailbox:

The fields are pre-filled with:
Server: myserver.mydomain.local
Mailbox: /o=Kerio/ou=Kerio Connect/cn=Recipients/cn=BESAdmin_********-****-****-****-** **********

(replaced numbers by ****)

Is this a symptom of your problem, or is it something different? I wonder whether there is a somehow hidden besadmin user in kerio that has these numbers attached, or whether we are supposed to just replace it by "besadmin" (the user that we manually create on Kerio connect)?

I found this info about BES LDAP ports but it does not seem to have any influence on the erros in the mentioned dialog...

Regards (and sorry for semi-hijacking)
Philipp

IT services for small companies
  •  
id t

One thing you can do to troubleshoot Blackberry Connector problems, is to enable the Kerio Blackberry Connector messages (under HTTP modules) in the debug log, that helped me a lot when I was testing it in the beta.

The BESAdmin user is indeed created on the mail server, but you won't find it in the user list: you can find it in the mailserver.cfg in this declaration:

<table name="KBC">
  <variable name="KbcRequiresSSL">1</variable>
  <variable name="BESAdminName">BESAdmin_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</variable>
  <variable name="BESAdminPassword">DE3:exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</variable>
  <variable name="KbcSubnet">192.168.10.0</variable>
</table>

this is automatically created at installation time of the Connector, I don't know why you say that we need to manually create the besadmin user. I suggest you reinstall the Kerio Connector on the server which will host your BES(x).

•  
philippp

Ahhhh, great -- very useful, thanks!

I was not sure about creating a besadmin account manually -- obviously I had misunderstood the last paragraph in the manuals (where it says that you should NOT use an AD-user but a local one).
Thanks for clearing me up on this! Smile

Regards,
Philipp

IT services for small companies
  •  
j.varkevisser

philippp,
Did you resolve the MAPI error, as I have the same problem.
Installed on a win 2003 server! Confused
Thanks for your help.
Jack
  •  
etimag

Hi.

Where did you stuck? Do you mean during installation?
  •  
j.varkevisser

Hello etimag,

Yes during installation on win 2003 server, where also Kerio Connect is installed btw. Confused
tks for your help.
etimag

Hi.

Well here what I did.

First check you have admin rights. I've installed kerio connect fro blackberry. First installs mapi than connector. Should ask you AD login than will ask you kerio mail server user details. You should enter kerio mailserver admin user. This is pretty fast installation. After you should install BESX. I had no problem to the end. But once I had a connector install error something like mapi I think that happens to you. Well I did re-install server to avoid that again. I recommend to you login the server with local admin acoount for all install.
Previous Topic: Resource booking and Customize Sender
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.1.1, Apple Mail 4.3 & SpamSieve
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 21:56:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00636 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.