Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Send mail
  •  
Eigus

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone,

I'm new in Kerio and i've a doubt about sending e-mails in the same domain but not configured in Kerio Connect.

I've 10 accounts of the pack of my mail provider and in Kerio i've 9 of 10 configured with the same domain, the problem comes when i want to send an e-mail through kerio to a user of the same domain but there's not configured in kerio, of course the mail is returned by kerio because the "mailbox is not created"

This user works out of the office and doesn't need to work with kerio.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!!
  •  
keywerks

Hi,

if a user isn't known or not configured in a domain controlled by KC, you can forward such mails to the authoritative host using the corresponding option given in the domain settings of KC. Take a look at the „Fowarding" tab.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang Neikes

PHPStar - the missing gear in your web engine
Visit http://phpstar.keywerks.de
  •  
Eigus

Thanks keywerk,

I've configured how you said, but now the problem is the SMTP authentication may i've to put it like an script or something?
  •  
keywerks

Hello Eigus,

the authoritative host must be aware of such a scenario. It must be configured in that way, your mail server is a relay it will accept mails coming from. It will only work, if you configure the authoritative(!) host to not to reject incoming mails from your server. There should be an option to add your ip to the white list of allowed relays. On the other hand, you can try to use ETRN. Nevertheless, you have to tell the other mail server to send the needed ETRN request to your own mail server. If it doesn't send it, no mails will be forwarded.

By the way: my name isn't keywerk or keywerks. This is just a company name. My mother calls me „Wolfgang".

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2010 14:25]

•  
Eigus

Thanks Wolfgang, Smile

I've configured the forward on the domain option, but when i send the mail it returns me an error of 550 must be authenticated...i don't know what else i can do because i tried a lot of tricks but no one has worked fine
  •  
keywerks

Hello Eigus,

you already explained this behavior. But I've told you to configure the server you are sending the mails to / trough, to accept incoming messages from you own server and act as relay. You cannot do anything to skip this step, as long as you would like to use any other server as a relay for messages not being handled by your mail server. If you don't have access to the other mail servers configuration, contact the admin responsible for that server or find another way to deliver your mails.

Do you understand what to do?

Regards,
Wolfgang Neikes

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2010 14:29]

Previous Topic: Still problems with ical and addressbook (mainly sync)...
Next Topic: Connect full McAfee Antivirus to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 02:49:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.