Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Virtualization (Virtualization)
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
We are starting a project to move our server environment to VMWare. I want to know if anyone has any experiences with running Kerio Connect in a virtualzed environment and if there are any tips or tricks you would like to share.

Thanks
  •  
My IT Indy

Use extremely fast HD's in a RAID10. You don't need a boatload of ram, or CPU, mainly fast disk I/O.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
tek_san

Hi,
I was pretty sceptical about running our Kerio in a virtualized environment.
Especially concerning HD speed.
We are running KMS on an ESX 3.5x system for one year without the slightest problem (knock on wood..)
The drives arent't directly connected but attached via iScsi.
The one thing to take care about conecerning drives is to use a system that contains lots of harddisks and big cache to let the workload balance to a lot of spindles.
So use smaller drives but many of them. In this setup speed won't be an issue at all.
As we have two ESX Servers, in the case of a failure of the host, we can simply migrate the Mailserver to the second ESX.
regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
jspiva

I virtualize Kerio Connect on Mac OS X 10.5 Server running on top of Parallels Server. I have got good luck with iSCSI storage but have more recently went back to using local storage to simplify the setup.
  •  
red14

I'm running Kerio Connect on ESXi 3.5 and Dell T610 hardware.
Local Disks with RAID-5. We have 80 active users and a mailstore size of 130 GB. No problems with speed.
  •  
p0ddie

is by any chance someone running a large sized mailstore off some Equallogic iron?
  •  
renefn

Can you wait a couple of weeks Wink

We're currently running our Kero Connect on a Dell PowerEdge 2900 III with two quad core Xeons, 16 GB RAM and 15K SAS disks in RAID10. It's running great on this machine, but in a couple of weeks we're moving the mailstore to an EqualLogic PS400XV with 16 15K SAS disks.

It's going to store all our VM's and several LUN's for a SQL Server 2005, Kerio Connect mailstore and more. I'm expecting performance to be great, but we're mainly doing this for security. We're also getting an EqualLogic PS4000E that will replicate the XV in another building, so we will be able to "loose" our main datacenter without loosing much data.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: winmail.dat files
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:47:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.