Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot use UNC path as backup location in 7.0.2 patch 1 (It just doesn't work... I keep getting these stupid errors!!@#@#$)
  •  
cappie

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I keep getting 'unable to connect' errors when using a UNC path to backup to with Kerio Connect version 7.0.2 patch 1 build 1676.

The error log states the following: (names have been changed to protect the innocent Smile)

[02/Aug/2010 11:52:59] BACKUP: Authentication to \\servername as oldserver\useraccount failed with error (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
[02/Aug/2010 11:53:38] BACKUP: Authentication to \\servername as oldserver\useraccount failed with error (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
[02/Aug/2010 12:02:54] BACKUP: Authentication to \\servername as domain\domainadmin failed with error (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
[02/Aug/2010 12:03:12] BACKUP: Authentication to \\servername as domain\domainadmin failed with error (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
[02/Aug/2010 12:05:02] BACKUP: Authentication to remote directory \\servername as domainadmin failed.
[02/Aug/2010 12:05:24] BACKUP: Authentication to remote directory \\servername as domainadmin failed.

Since I'm running Kerio Connect on a virtual machine I'm limited the amount of diskspace I can assign to it.. we used to run it on our PDC with a couple of hundred GB's free space, but that changed...

(also, I figured out I have to insert a local (reachable) path (C:\Keriobackup\) to change the stored username.. but that could be because the admin panel might not save settings when errors are generated on the page)

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or is this still a bug?

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2010 12:19]

•  
maru

Hi,

seems to be a bug, I tried nearly the same some weeks ago.
Gave up and now use an iscsi-connected disk for backups.

Maru

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2010 19:51]

•  
cappie

Hmm.. yeah, so did I.. however, I can't keep dishing out diskspace like this on our VMware ESXi environment, since diskspace on that thing isn't infinite and I would like to be able to run some more machines Smile
  •  
satzinger

I am on Kerio 7.4.2 build 7694 and it is still not working!!!!

KERIO - HELLO???!!
Do I have to pay for this to be fixed?
I thought I already pay with the maintenance contract I have!
  •  
BudDurland

The error message is pretty clear; for some reason the backup component of Kerio is failing the domain login process.

Double check that the kerio server is using the AD domain controllers as DNS servers.

Re-enter the login name in domain\username format, and re-enter the password. As an aside, I strongly recommend creating a domain user specifically for this task. Don't use the domain admin account. Make sure the chosen account has "login as a service" rights.

Make sure that permissions have been configured on both the share (\\server\mailbkup) and the local-to-the-file-server folder (C:\mailbkup)

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
satzinger

The WIN2K Server is not a DC and Kerio does not use AD.
Where can I tell Kerio what the DNS server is?
I cannot find that. This would make sense, because the OS works great with UNC but Kerio seems to have a problem.

It does not seem to be a access problem, because I don't get that error.

My error is: Unable to connect to network Device \\computer\folder.

The error comes up as soon as I click on "apply".

[Updated on: Wed, 01 August 2012 19:55]

Previous Topic: Backup Errors
Next Topic: Samsung Infuse 4G and ActiveSync Shared Contact
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 20:37:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.