Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 7.0.2 on Mac fails to bind ports 25 and 587
  •  
TC10284

Send a private message to this user
Running Kerio Connect 7.0.2 on Mac OSX Snow Leopard Server 10.6.4.
Some users complained that they could not send/receive email, even though they are setup to use SSL on port 465. I rebooted the server yesterday for updates and didn't realize that port 25 and 587 in Kerio didn't start due to the below. So I started the services today and they seemed to start fine with no error messages. Clients seem to be able to send/receive fine.
I'd like to know why this happens when I reboot the server though.
I did have the Mail service in the Mac Server Admin installed, but not started. I removed it just to see if it would help. There are no other mail services on the Mac server that I know of.

This is from the Kerio Connect Error log.
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] socklib.cpp: Bind to port 25 failed: (48) Address already in use
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] services.cpp: Cannot start service SMTP on port 25, unable to bind service to all IP addresses
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] socklib.cpp: Bind to port 587 failed: (48) Address already in use
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] services.cpp: Cannot start service SUBMISSION on port 587, unable to bind service to all IP addresses

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2010 18:16]

•  
j.a.duke

TC10284 wrote on Mon, 02 August 2010 12:14
Running Kerio Connect 7.0.2 on Mac OSX Snow Leopard Server 10.6.4.
Some users complained that they could not send/receive email, even though they are setup to use SSL on port 465. I rebooted the server yesterday for updates and didn't realize that port 25 and 587 in Kerio didn't start due to the below. So I started the services today and they seemed to start fine with no error messages. Clients seem to be able to send/receive fine.
I'd like to know why this happens when I reboot the server though.
I did have the Mail service in the Mac Server Admin installed, but not started. I removed it just to see if it would help. There are no other mail services on the Mac server that I know of.

This is from the Kerio Connect Error log.
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] socklib.cpp: Bind to port 25 failed: (48) Address already in use
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] services.cpp: Cannot start service SMTP on port 25, unable to bind service to all IP addresses
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] socklib.cpp: Bind to port 587 failed: (48) Address already in use
[31/Jul/2010 14:30:29] services.cpp: Cannot start service SUBMISSION on port 587, unable to bind service to all IP addresses

Are you sure that Mac OS X Server mail is off? Just adding it to Server Admin doesn't enable the service, however, mail may be starting up when the server starts up-check the color of the "ball" in Server Admin.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
TC10284

The ball color was gray when I went to remove it. The service hasn't been started and it hasn't been started (green) in a long time.

The next time I restart the server, I'll be sure to check to see if the ports in Kerio bound properly.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 August 2010 21:20]

•  
fearozz

Delete /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.postfix.master.plist, and that shouldn't occure anymore.
Previous Topic: Help! Entourage 2008 not syncing sent items to server!
Next Topic: Filter that acts on a mailing list identifier?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:46:52 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.