Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMTP Transaction Time Slow
  •  
phcranston

Send a private message to this user
I use mxtoolbox.com to check the status of Kerio Connect ( 7.0.2 ). The last few days I've noticed when I've run the SMTP diag test the Transaction time for the server comes in at a very slow 15 secs.

We are running Kerio on a Mac OS X box with about 75 users. It's an Xserve with 6GB of RAM and processor usage never gets above 25%.

Nothing unusual is going on as far as I can tell looking at the log files. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing the slow transaction times? Could it be something on the network and not the server itself?

Thanks
  •  
ccbs

Have you got Delay SMTP greeting set to 15 seconds under the spam repellent tab by any chance?
  •  
phcranston

That's the "solution". The spam repellant is at 15 seconds and adjusting that time changes the smtp test results accordingly. Now I know it's not a problem but a "feature".

Thanks for responding.
  •  
zentinL

Actually it IS a feature. Spammer's email servers will usually give up when trying to send spam to a SMTP server with a delay which is why its in there as an option.

Since we turned it on it helped cut a ton of spam messages received.
  •  
phcranston

Agreed. My comment was tongue in cheek. We've cut down on a ton of spam too since we've turned it on. Now that I know why transaction time test is "failing", it no longer looks like a problem. Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2010 18:01]

Previous Topic: How can I change the 'From' address of Kerio backup alert emails?
Next Topic: Lost all delegates in iCal with 7.1 upgrade
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:15:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.