Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Configure Kerio Connect 7.1
  •  
Daisy

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and I want to migrate from an old communigate server to Kerio Connect but have problems configuring Kerio Connect for the first time.

With Communigate I have a Domain at povider 1&1 and a pop-polling gets all mail from a catch-all account at 1&1 and then delivers to the users in Communigate Mailserver with 'Envelope-To' header.

I did not figure out to do this with Kerio. Even the basic configuration of the domain (myDomain.de) does not work with getting mails from the pop.1&1.de. Any help, please!

I have an iMac with Kerio Connect and connected to a router which is connected to the internet. Local network with clients that want to get mails from the iMac Mailserver.

Thanks in advance (gerne auch weiter auf deutsch because my english is so bad).

Regards

Volker
  •  
Lyle M

I haven't configured a POP3 download, so I can't directly assist you. However, I believe you'll find your answers here:

http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/adminguide/en/sect-pop3dloa d.html

Looks fairly simple. I believe you'll use the sorting rules to deal with the X-Envelope-To header.

Best of luck.

Also, your use of English is better than a few Americans I know.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 August 2010 14:41]

•  
Daisy

lylehm,

thanks for your answer. Just to see if Kerio works I did the following:

1. I installed with the default settings (Domain: localhost, name: admins-imac-g5.local).

2. I add a second domain (testdomain.de, which is hosted at 1&1) and make this the primary domain.

3. Then I add an Admin-User to this domain (admin-at-testdomain.de).

4. Finally I add the Delivery POP3-Server (server: pop.1und1.de, username: collect-at-testdomain.de with correct password and the mails should be send to Amin-user (admin<_at_>testdomain.de). Then I clicked on 'Download POP3' and get these error messages:

[04/Aug/2010 14:46:50] tcpiphlp.cpp: failed to update DNS servers; failed to open /etc/resolv.conf: (2) No such file or directory
[04/Aug/2010 14:46:50] mail_pop3c.cpp: Cannot connect to POP3 server pop.1und1.de:995, host not found.

so there should be a configuration error with DNS/MX. But I have no idea where to fix this.

Thanks for any help.
  •  
Lyle M

Make sure your iMac can resolve the host's POP server:
From the Mac Terminal try:

host pop.1und1.de

you should see:

pop.1und1.de has address 212.227.15.178
pop.1und1.de has address 212.227.15.162

If you don't, check your DNS settings in System Preferences.

Also, if your Kerio server really does have a domain named 'testdomain.de' it better have an IP address of 85.236.38.28. If it doesn't, you'll need to pick something that isn't in the public DNS.

To check POP connectivity, from the terminal enter:

telnet pop.1und1.de 110

you should see:

Escape character is '^]'.
+OK POP server ready H mimap2

For POP mail delivery, I believe you also need to have the actual user's accounts configured first. If not, your sorting rules will have nowhere to send the mail. In your steps above, the only user that would be able to receive mail would be admin.

Finally, I have to ask if you'll be using the iMac G5 as a live mail server, or just for testing. I wouldn't recommend that machine as a server. The earlier units are notorious for having power supply problems that will cause the system to spontaneously reboot. There's also a history of internal drives having their paint bubble from heat build-up. In terms of performance, for more than a handful of users with moderately sized message stores, the iMac G5 would likely offer a slow and painful experience.
  •  
Daisy

Thanks for your suggestions:
Problem found - the iMac for testing seems to have a defective drive !
I tried the 'host'-command and it does not work.
The 'resolv.conf'-file was NOT in 'var' and no alias in 'etc'. I installed the mailserver on another Mac and all works perfectly - Thanks for your help Smile)
  •  
Lyle M

My pleasure. Glad you were able to find the issue.

Something would have to be pretty messed up for resolv.conf to not be there. It's generated/updated as changes are made in the network system preferences pane.

Cheers,
Lyle
Previous Topic: which to upgrade to 7.1 first? mailserver or KOFF?
Next Topic: Group Calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 14:54:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.