Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KC 7.1, iCal and Public Folders (Problems with public folders)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
We just upgraded to KC 7.1 today, feeling very brave, and we are happy with the results. iCal is now now working better with Public calendars but there are still issues.

If the person is using calDAV to sync, rather than the KerioSync pane, they can now see calendars that they subscribe to via groups. However, even though they have Editor access to a specific calendar they get Read Only access because I did not specify any access to the Public folder. If I give Editor access to the group to the Public folder then they have Editor access to every object in the public folder.

Has anyone else seen this problem or might know what is going wrong? The workarounds are to either do data entry with the webmail client or reverting to using the sync connector.
  •  
Stepan Potys (Kerio)

I'm sorry, I'm not sure whether I understand you right.

If you want your users to be able to add/edit/delete events in public folders from iCal, then access rights must be set to editor or higher for all public calendars as well as for Public Folders/Tasks folder. Otherwise they will have read-only access. It's an approach used by Apple iCal and cannot be changed. In other words, there is no way to give iCal users editor access to just one public calendar unless it's the only one in Public Folders.

Have I answered your question?

Stepan Potys
Connect Core team leader
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Mike A.

KERIO_spotys:
That's not entirely true. You can assign permissions to individual calendars in Kerio, and iCal will respect them, just not in 10.5 SL iCal allows for this.
  •  
pchernoff

I have some more information.

This is not a problem with iCal in Snow Leopard or with the web mail client. It is only a problem with iCal in Leopard, which might mean that Kerio may or may not be able to fix it. I plan on using the Kerio Sync for calendars in Leopard.

If I want someone to be able to see only select public calendars, I do not give any rights to the Public folder, only rights to the specific calendars.

The bug I am seeing is the iCal for Leopard sees the rights assigned to the user (or the group they belong to) for the Public calendar and uses that right for calendars assigned to that user. Thus we have someone with no rights for public, read only rights to two calendars in public and editor rights to one calendar in public (there are 3 more calendars that they have no rights). In iCal (Leopard) they have access to these 3 public calendars but all are assigned Read Only rights.
Previous Topic: iOS 4 not Accept/Declining invites?
Next Topic: winmail.dat files
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:39:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00378 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.