Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Droid X sync issues
  •  
rantonio

Send a private message to this user
We are running Kerio Connect 7.0.2 and are having issues with the Droid X. We get the initial sync and for a short time the phone is receiving emails fine. It is set to receive only the past 3 days. But after 15 minutes or up to an hour, the phone will suddenly sync the entire inbox, which can be quite large. After that, the phone will no longer receive any new emails. I have tried re-adding the account multiple times, changing different settings but the same things happens every time. I saw someone mention this in an earlier thread, but nothing ever came of it. Thanks for the help.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Droid X is using Motoblur client which has not been tested is not yet supported in Kerio Connect. So I guess it is possible there are some issues.
  •  
Drew Lebo

Is this an issue that Kerio is working on at present? I now have a number of users upgrading to the Droid X phone and are very unhappy that the syncing that wasn't an issue on their previous Droid is now a problem. Thank you for your help.
  •  
rantonio

For what it's worth...I was able to use a third party app, Touchdown, successfully with kerio.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Drew Lebo wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 16:18
Is this an issue that Kerio is working on at present? I now have a number of users upgrading to the Droid X phone and are very unhappy that the syncing that wasn't an issue on their previous Droid is now a problem. Thank you for your help.

Yes, we are working on adding support for Droid X phones.
  •  
mrralan

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 21:16
Drew Lebo wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 16:18

Yes, we are working on adding support for Droid X phones.

Are you working on support for the Droid Incredible?
  •  
Drew Lebo

Because of the problems Motorola is having with Exchange sync, they are providing FREE licenses for Touchdown. I just completed this and can confirm it is true.

1. Download Touchdown for Motorola V2.x from app store - download the Free 30 day trial version NOT the paid app - you WILL NOT be reimbursed.
2. Install and complete the very simple configuration. Verify its working with your server configuration.
3. Email level3<_at_>mailwc.custhelp.com with the following information:

Email Address:
User Name:
Cell Number:
DEC:
MEID:
Issue: Cannot Connect to Exchange/ Kerio Server now that I've upgraded to the Driod X

4. To get the DEC and MEID, dial *#60# on the phone and it will automagically appear.

ALSO NOTE: the email address is the email address of the driod owner, BUT the license will be sent to your originating email address.

It took me 36 hours to get the actual license, but with the 30 day trial it wasn't a big deal.

Btw - the user LOVES the touchdown interface and the sync was amazingly fast for hundreds of calendar items and nearly 700 contacts.

Best of Luck!
Drew

[Updated on: Fri, 20 August 2010 16:40]

•  
rantonio

I have also done this, and was able to get a free license and it works great. It will be interesting to see when 2.2 is released for the X, if any of these issues are resolved.
  •  
mrralan

The problem with Touchdown is the phone cannot see any contacts for dialing purposes. All the contacts that sync can be used fine for emails but if you want to call someone in that contact list, the phone will not see them.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Have any of these issues been resolved with 2.2 on the droid x? I have a bunch of branch office users that went and prematurly bought the Droid x and droid incredible, and now can't get their emails.

I also hadn't heard of this "free" option for touchdown. I will have to look into that.

Thanks,
Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
rantonio

I am testing this out as we speak. What's interesting is that another user I have also has the Droid X and has had no issues with it for the past month. I am adding my account to mine again, and will see if there are any problems. So far it is working.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

We had to remove the Domain\ part of the user name, and then select to disable verification of security certifigate, and that seemed to work. I was able to send and receive emails. Not sure on contacts and calendar though. Good luck.
Trent Greenawalt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

This was the error that we came across, if you select "Disable Verification" it worked:
"The certifigate from this server is not validated. Do you want to disable verifying certifigates for this account. "

Disable verification
Cancel

Thanks,
Trent Greenawalt

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Any word on support for the HTC incredible or the new improved HTC incredible 2?

Trent Greenawalt
Previous Topic: Android calendar sync and mail problems..
Next Topic: Continuing support for new Android Devices and Tablets
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 07:09:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00475 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.