Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Current best practice with shared calendars in iCal?
  •  
grahamgilbert

Send a private message to this user
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the current best practice on having one shared calendar (say an office calendar) shared to a set of users.

Last time I tried this at a different client, we had quite a few problems setting up the calendar as a delegate (mainly invitations going to the shared calendar when they should have gone to the user's own calendar), so we ended up setting it up as a separate CalDAV account in iCal (this was a good couple of years ago, so on Kerio 6.7.something and Leopard).

Ideally I'd like to set this up with the shared calendar being a delegate to save on admin time. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated!
  •  
grahamgilbert

•  
filipp

I was about to ask the exact same thing. Currently, there are at least these different ways of using shared calendars:

- One account shared among different users (everyone logging in with the same username)
- Personal accounts + one central account for calendars and then using share/subscribe
- Only personal accounts and using delegation

Each have their pros and cons. Would be interesting to hear how folks have set this up.
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

Here is my (not very complex) setup with OSX clients:

• each user has their own calendar
• all users can read all other users' calendars
• supervisors can write to their subordinate's calendars
• office calendars are managed/maintained by specific users
• office calendars are shared to all users
• nice feature... on addition of a new user and sharing their calendar to all, all users automatically receive a message with a 'subscribe' option from Connect.

Works great!

Below are the directions I provide for users. I have a set of directions for sharing and a set for subscribing.

hth,

ft.

To share one of your calendars with a colleague:

1. Log in to webmail at http://www.myco.com/webmail

2. Click on 'Calendars icon', top center.

3. You will see a list of calendars on the left of the page. Click on the triangular icon to right of the calendar you want to share.

4. Select Sharing.

5. Select everyone from myco.com to allow everyone to view your calendar.

6. If you would like any individuals to be able to write to your calendar, add those individuals as required and choose can change from the pulldown menu.

7. Click Save to save your changes.

To view your colleagues' calendars on a desktop computer or iPhone you must add the calendar to your webmail calendar view the sync the calendar to your devices.

Here are the steps:

Add calendar to webmail calendar views:

1. Log into webmail at http://www.myco.com/webmail

2. Click on Calendars icon, top center.

3. In My Calendars on the left of the page, click the 'gear' icon to the right of People and add the calendar(s) you want to be able to view.

The calendars will now be viewable in webmail.

You must now sync the required webmail calendars to your devices:

1. Ensure the colleague's calendar is viewable in webmail (see steps above).

2. Click on (top right) Your name > Settings.

3. From the left column, select Folders to Sync.

4. In the CalDAV/CardDAV section at the top, select the calendar(s) you would like to see in your OSX Calendars app.

5. Click Save.

If Calendar app is open on any device you may need to refresh by quitting and re-opening the Calendar app before you can see the new calendars.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 September 2015 17:15]

Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector unexpectedly switches to offline mode
Next Topic: View Kerio Calendar in Google Calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 19:21:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.