Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Is it safe to upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1? (I've been burned before....)
  •  
renefn

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've been monitoring this forum and haven't seen any serious issues with 7.1 yet, but is it to soon to tell if it's without serious bugs?

I was burned with the 7.0 release which was a big problem here because of problems with KOFF, so I'm being more cautious this time.

So, any bad or good experiences? We're running on Windows Server 2003, so we're not hurt by the Linux performance problems in Kerio Connect 7.x.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
marook

No problems here.
And you can downgrade if you like..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
chris.lee

I just got burned upgrading from 7.0.0-p1 to 7.1 - our email config is somewhat complex at present, and so I assume this won't impact to many Kerio users at all... put simply, forwarding of emails for domain aliases doesn't work.

It's frustrating however when something like this worked perfectly on previously releases and come 7.1 it's broken without warning.

We have a primary domain configured in Kerio (abc.com) and several aliases (say 123.com, 456.com etc).

Our users are spread between another mail server (Netbox), which receives all emails inbound from the internet, and some are on Kerio mail server.

All users have an account configured on the Netbox server (which consists of a combo of our primary domain name and domain aliases) and if they are a Kerio user they have a forward set on their Netbox account to go to the Kerio server.

Then on the Kerio server if a user doesn't exist, the domain is configured to forward those emails back to the Netbox. Similarly the domain aliases are configured, so that if a user isn't found they get forwarded back to the Netbox.

Since 7.1 the forwarding of domains set as an alias has broken... Kerio have only just found out about it themselves yesterday, and the only workaround they suggest is downgrading to 7.0.2

I've managed to workaround it for now without downgrading by changing those aliases to domains with no users in them and setup forwarding, and am still weighing up whether to downgrade to 7.0.2.

I think I may have to as i'm not 100% sure the workaround I set in place will work in all cases, so for now I'm keeping an eye on the outbound message queue to see if any deliveries to internal aliases aren't going through correctly.
  •  
renefn

So you're saying that domain aliases is NOT working at all in 7.1 and this is acknowledged by Kerio? Then I'll stay away for now I guess!

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Only email forwarding for unknown recipients using secondary (and more) domain alias is not working properly. Domain with one alias is working properly as well as all other domain alias operations for all domain aliases.
  •  
renefn

OK then we're safe. We just have a bunch of domain aliases connected to our primary domain.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The problem is only when the domain has more than one alias and is configured to forward emails to unknown recipients to another server. If you're not using forwarding in domain settings then you're safe.
  •  
ccbs

We have recently upgraded to 7.1 and the performance is considerably slower. It is very noticeable when opening Outlook 2007 for the first time, it was bad before but now it hangs with Not Responding and then eventually comes back.

7.1 was supposed to be a big performance improvement (so we were told) but for us it seems worse. We now have people higher in the company questioning why you don't get this delay with exchange and to be honest I've got no answer.
  •  
rblakely

All our issues have been resolved by this release. Got 70 users on KOC, the server running on Windows 2008. Very satisfied with the performance.
  •  
j.a.duke

I took the leap from 6.7.3p1 to 7.1p1 last night and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. Performance across the board is good.

I'm running on far from cutting edge hardware-PowerMac G4 Dual 800 with a 1 terabyte mirrored mailstore. I've got about 50 users regularly hitting the system and lots of data incoming and outgoing.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
renefn

We're now on 7.1p1 and haven't seen any issues.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: GAL and Aliases
Next Topic: Keriosync location
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:20:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.