Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » BESX all on one machine - LDAP settings?? (Active Directory LDAP vs. Kerio LDAP)
  •  
philippp

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am trying to get Blackberry Enterprise Server Express running with Kerio Connect on Windows.

Kerio says it is not recommended but it does work to have it all on one machine. This is a test for a very small company, so I gave it a try.

Since the Machine is also a Windows Domain Controller, LDAP is already present from Active Directory. So I needed to assign the KERIO LDAP service a different port - no big deal so far.

Now somewhere near the finale of the BESX installation, it asks me about MAPI settings (name of exchange server and mailbox name), where it seems to look for the besadmin mailbox. If I enter just the server name, it says that it cannot find the mailbox. Sad
I assume this is because BESX is looking for that mailbox in the LDAP directory of the DC instead of Kerio LDAP (which I had moved to another port). I tried to put something like ldap://servername:port into that field, but then it says it cannot find the server at all...?? Confused

So how is this supposed to be configured?
I could not find anything in Kerio docs.

(I did find some info on the web about how to change the LDAP port that BES/X uses by setting some registry keys, but this does not seem to help, at least the dialog in the installer seems to ignore this setting. Or is it just a different problem in my case?)

Can anyone give me a clue?

Kind regards,
Philipp

[Updated on: Sun, 15 August 2010 09:42]

IT services for small companies
  •  
ankithemonki

hi,

I am facing a similar problem where during the end of the BES/x installation it asks for MAPI setting and when i enter the server IP address and mailbox it does not recognize.

I am installing BES/x on the mail server and not on the DHCP server. Any help on this is appreciated.

thank you
Ankit
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
etimag

You need to enter your kerio mail server ip or name along with admin rights user name and password from kerio connect user data base.
  •  
philippp

Oh dear, that explains a lot!
Glad that I stopped trying (after one hole day...)
Thanks, Petr!

etimag, thanks for clarifying - so obviously my (main) problem seems to be the newer version of BESX.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 August 2010 18:07]

IT services for small companies
Previous Topic: [22/Nov/2005 13:57:50] services.cpp: Select failed in services acceptor loop: code -1, (9) Bad file
Next Topic: Kerio Connect References
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 18:15:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.