Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Recommend DROID Outlook like App
  •  
bruggles

Send a private message to this user
Have got our Motorola Droid phones to sync with Kerio using the Droid default Email applet and all is working well. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a more Outlook like application for the Droid that also does Calendar similar to Blackberry.

Freeware or Shareware ok.

TIA!
  •  
chris.lee

I'm not familiar with Motorola Droid, but I assume by its name that it runs Android... if so I'd definitely take a look at Touchdown - I run a HTC Desire (Android 2.1) and it works fine with Kerio 7.

I haven't tested any others out, and don't really use calendaring/appointments all that much but from what I've looked at it seems fine.

Its not cheap though, they have a free 30 day trial to make sure it works with your server/phone etc, but beyond that you need a licence which is US$20

Website is http://www.nitrodesk.com/

[Updated on: Wed, 18 August 2010 02:25]

•  
bruggles

Many Thanks for the lead!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, I would like to mention DataViz RoadSync client. In long term it will be better solution for synchronization with Kerio Connect.
  •  
chris.lee

Interesting, the screenshots of RoadSync look good on their website and seems like a pretty feature rich app, and the price is far better than TouchDown at present at $9.99.

However on the Android Market there are a *lot* of negative comments left over the past few days in relation to their recent 2.5 release of the app, judging from those comments the latest update is very slow and buggy to the point of being unusable.

Any particular reason why RoadSync would be better in the long run with Kerio than TouchDown ?
  •  
Valenzi

Also got an HTC Desire - with Froyo (Android 2.2).
Anybody an idea, how I'm able to sync public Folders (calendar) with Kerio 7.1.0 patch 1 build 1906? I put it in the sync via webmail, works fine with the Iphones here, but have no Idea how it works for the Android. Got the standard app form Android for syncing mails. On the phone the calendar does not pop up for options like the mail folders.

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Mon, 30 August 2010 09:06]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Valenzi wrote on Mon, 30 August 2010 09:02
Also got an HTC Desire - with Froyo (Android 2.2).
Anybody an idea, how I'm able to sync public Folders (calendar) with Kerio 7.1.0 patch 1 build 1906? I put it in the sync via webmail, works fine with the Iphones here, but have no Idea how it works for the Android. Got the standard app form Android for syncing mails. On the phone the calendar does not pop up for options like the mail folders.

Thanks in advance!

The crucial question is: Can your phone display more calendars? And the answer is quite simple: It cannot. iPhone (iPad, iPod Touch) is currently the only device with ActiveSync synchronization which can display and work with more than one calendar.
  •  
Valenzi

Are you serious?! never thought about that... Hows about an other app like Touchdown etc.? Is there any chance, or is the telephone itself the limit?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No, this is an application limit. So it is likely that some clients may support this. Touchdown client is neither tested nor supported.
  •  
mpermann

Kerio_pdobry would you mind enlightening the forum on what Android based application is supported and tested for calendar syncing on devices that don't have native calendar syncing built-in? You've stated that Touchdown isn't tested or supported but haven't given us any options for what would be tested and supported. I'm sure there are others besides me that would like to know.
  •  
TorW

DataViz Roadsync was mentioned and thus likely tested and supported. We routinely install RoadSync on all Nokia phones and have had no problems. However, we haven't installed it on any Android devices and have no experience with Roadsync on Android.

We recently migrated a 35-people company to Kerio and set up their eclectic mix of mobile phones to sync with KC. We eventually managed to get all of them to sync, but it was a lenghty process with lots of troubleshooting. In my opinion, many sync clients aren't even half done with regards to stability and functionality. Some HTC and Android clients works right out of the box while others don't. iPhones and RoadSync clients always works, which (again) tells me that sync problems are almost always the fault of the sync client.
  •  
Valenzi

TorW wrote on Mon, 30 August 2010 17:39
DataViz Roadsync was mentioned and thus likely tested and supported. We routinely install RoadSync on all Nokia phones and have had no problems. However, we haven't installed it on any Android devices and have no experience with Roadsync on Android.

We recently migrated a 35-people company to Kerio and set up their eclectic mix of mobile phones to sync with KC. We eventually managed to get all of them to sync, but it was a lenghty process with lots of troubleshooting. In my opinion, many sync clients aren't even half done with regards to stability and functionality. Some HTC and Android clients works right out of the box while others don't. iPhones and RoadSync clients always works, which (again) tells me that sync problems are almost always the fault of the sync client.

Tried Roadscync on my Desire - only 1 calendar. No public ones.
  •  
Valenzi

Now I tried Touchdown - was able to check public calendar to sync - wow! But don't know, where it is... Simply cannot find the synced public calendar - furthermore there is no option to change language of the app... Not an option for an app for 19,99$
  •  
PeterPiper1

DavSync lets you sync your public folders to your local folders so that your can view them on your blackberry. You can use it for Contacts, Calendar and Task folders. - I can't post the link but the company is Davton and the product is DavSync
Previous Topic: Log rotation?
Next Topic: Latest koff client update says wrong version
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 21:01:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00633 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.