Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » The Latest on Kerio's Distribution List Problem (Distribution lists do not email all recipients)
  •  
rjben

Send a private message to this user
Kerio sent a patch that they thought might fix the issue of the mail service stopping on its own as well as the distribution lists not copying all recipients. This fix did not resolve the issue of our distribution lists leaving out recipients. Kerio asked us to delete our distribution list and then recreate it. We did that. That fixes it.

Kerio, we have around 100 distribution lists in our public folder. I could not guess how many of our users have their personal lists in contact folders. This is not acceptable! We do not have the time to recreate all those distribution lists! Please FIX this problem asap!

OLD POSTS:
One of our users reports that an email that was sent days ago using one of his distribution lists in his personal Contacts folder keeps sending to the recipients.
Message from user:
"I have about 2-3 emails that keep getting sent... and resent... and I am not sending them... any ideas? This message below was sent days ago, but is now being "sent" time and time again. I was just worried about a possible virus/hacking (I ran a scan and found no issues)."

Anyone else seeing this behavior? All help will be greatly appreciated!

OLD POSTS:

I suppose no one else uses distribution lists since there's no reply to the message posted on August 18th??? (See below.)

Kerio support reported that there could be an issue if we created the distribution lists using the public contact folder... Well, I suppose we could have TYPED in all the email addresses instead of using the public contact folder.... Confused

Obviously, if this issue isn't resolved by Kerio, we will no longer be able to use Kerio for distribution lists.

Any suggestions on what our personnel can use instead? (Our users need to be able to see who's in the list they're emailing.)

OLD POST
We have upgraded our email server to 7.1.0 build 1792.

A user reported using one of our distribution lists in the public folder ... Some members were not included in the sent email.

After reviewing our server settings, we could find nothing that should have limited the number of recipients.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks!
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

rjben wrote on Fri, 27 August 2010 15:10
Kerio sent a patch that they thought might fix the issue of the mail service stopping on its own as well as the distribution lists not copying all recipients.

What? Please read the change log for the patch. There is nothing about distribution lists.

BTW: Please stop wallpapering the forum with old posts. Thank you.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Rjben,

I see you've already posted 4 topics with similar content. But despite that we have no basic information about your problem. What client do you use? Outlook? WebMail?
I'm sorry but without this information I'm not able to help you.

So, I can only guess it is Outlook. Outlook is storing the reference to public contacts into the distribution list. But when the public folder is changed (particularly its GUID identifier) then the reference is broken and Outlook is not able to put these recipients into the email. If you click on "Update" in the distribution list the Outlook will force conversion of all contact to simple emails addresses. Is this your case?
  •  
rjben

Perhaps, the change log should be read by your technical support staff for that is what the person addressing this issue told our WAN engineer... applying the patch "might" help the distribution list issue as well as keeping the mail server from stopping on its own.

There would be no need for wallpapering old posts if Kerio would address this problem in a timely professional manner! Since you are the only person that has responded to my posts, please fix this problem asap.

I suppose Kerio does not have a problem with telling hundreds of users to redo their distribution lists, but I do. [This was the suggestion of YOUR technical support!]

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 27 August 2010 09:38
rjben wrote on Fri, 27 August 2010 15:10
Kerio sent a patch that they thought might fix the issue of the mail service stopping on its own as well as the distribution lists not copying all recipients.

What? Please read the change log for the patch. There is nothing about distribution lists.

BTW: Please stop wallpapering the forum with old posts. Thank you.

•  
rjben

Your technical staff was given all the information they requested. BTW, this was over several days. We sent info ... they requested more... etc....Meanwhile we have irate users not understanding why their distribution lists are not performing in an acceptable manner.

Yes, our users are using Kerio webmail. The distribution lists, since the upgrade, are NOT copying all the recipients. And NO, it isn't Outlook because our WAN engineer and I tested using online Kerio accounts. The distribution list where we first discovered the problem was used and we got the same result as one of our users. (Not all recipients were copied!)

In my view, Kerio has a problem and needs to fix it asap!

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 27 August 2010 09:44
Rjben,

I see you've already posted 4 topics with similar content. But despite that we have no basic information about your problem. What client do you use? Outlook? WebMail?
I'm sorry but without this information I'm not able to help you.

So, I can only guess it is Outlook. Outlook is storing the reference to public contacts into the distribution list. But when the public folder is changed (particularly its GUID identifier) then the reference is broken and Outlook is not able to put these recipients into the email. If you click on "Update" in the distribution list the Outlook will force conversion of all contact to simple emails addresses. Is this your case?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Ruby,
I don't know who you did speak with so I cannot comment this. However, I haven't found any support ticket about this issue. Did you issue a support ticket?
We would like to know more details about this issue (distribution list source, status.fld from the public folder, etc.) as it is not reported by anyone else and is quite unique. So if you would like to help us to resolve the issue, I would appreciate it.
  •  
rjben

Sending PM with the contact information ... My guess is the information I'm providing will help you identify the ticket number.... Thanks!

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 31 August 2010 08:17
Ruby,
I don't know who you did speak with so I cannot comment this. However, I haven't found any support ticket about this issue. Did you issue a support ticket?
We would like to know more details about this issue (distribution list source, status.fld from the public folder, etc.) as it is not reported by anyone else and is quite unique. So if you would like to help us to resolve the issue, I would appreciate it.

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 7.1. on a Win Server 2008 R2 / Network drive mapping
Next Topic: What about Iomega storcenter ix12-300r Performance ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:32:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.