Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » BESX WebDesktopmanager: How to login??? (All servers running, now how-to activate a Blackberry device on the BESX)
  •  
unregistered

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

Please can Someone clear this up?

* Installed Kerio Connect on server-1.
* Installed AD+Kerio BlackBerry Connector on server-2.
(KC=Kerio Connect, KBC= kerio BlackBerry Connector, WDM= Web Desktop Manager)
- Add user to the BESX from KC: OK.
-- Now i want to activate the user and Blackberry and want to login the Webdesktopmanager, but i cannot login with the credentials from KC...
--- How should this be done with a BESX????
(BESX does not support wireless activations, so you need to login the WDM, but how and which credentials?????)

Thanks a lot if someone can make this clear to us.

Regards,

[Updated on: Tue, 31 August 2010 10:00]

•  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

unregistered wrote on Tue, 31 August 2010 10:00

(BESX does not support wireless activations, so you need to login the WDM, but how and which credentials?????)

BESX does support wireless activation. The activation process is described in BES documentation.

As for WDM - when you add a new BES user from Connect, set the activation password. Then edit that user and add a local BAS username and password (it's set to use AD by default and that won't work).

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
philippp

Petr,

thanks - I was also wondering why AD user authentication does not work for users (it does for besadmin).

Imo, this is another thing that ought to be put into the KBC documentation, since otherwise it just creates frustration and doubts in the heads of your clients.

Regards,
Philipp

IT services for small companies
  •  
mama2k

Hello,

What do you mean by "add a local BAS username and password".

I cannot find any way to create a local BES account except for an administrator account to connect to BES Administration Service.

Is it a Wi-Fi account ?

Thanks,
oliver
  •  
benjalamelami

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

BAS is BlackBerry® Administration Service running by default at https://yourbesserver:3443/webconsole/app
  •  
benjalamelami

Thanks pdobry... though, it means that when the user will log on the WDM, it wont use the same username and password from the AD?
  •  
benjalamelami

Anyhow... I made an user with bas privileges... it doesn't seem to work though. I can ever log into any from the wdn...
dunno what it is.
  •  
gmaoret

You have to use BESX v 5.0.2
If you use v 5.0.3 you can't modify user to have BESX database based login insted of Active Directory Login.
Previous Topic: PHP/API: Looking for code to Display all Groups & Members
Next Topic: I CANNOT BELIEVE I HAVE TO PAY for SUPPORT
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 21:31:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.