Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » What about Iomega storcenter ix12-300r Performance ?
  •  
Max_Fontana

Send a private message to this user
Hi there.
Our Kerio mailserver is running on a physical HP proliant ml350 with 2GB Ram and a raid5 scsi h.disks configuration. O.S is linux centos 4 and users (about 70) are mainly using outlook with offline connector and thunderbird via IMAP. Our storage is 60 GB.
Performances are ok. No complaints 'till now Wink
We need now to switch to a virtualized data center (to many small physical servers)and our choice would be vmware Vsphere Essential Plus. Unfortunately our budget is not so high and we cannot afford a SAN so I'd like to know how are kerio's performance used in conjunction with a nas such as a Iomega storCenter. My idea is to buy 2 dell servers and attach them to this shared storage.
Any suggestion is very much appreciated.
thanks and best regards.
Max
Italy
  •  
j.a.duke

Send a private message to this user
Max,

I don't know about the performance of the Iomega unit, but I've done performance testing of a Netgear ReadyNAS NVX (4x Western Digital RE3 WD1002FBYS drives or Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS) as an iSCSI volume for storage and found the performance to be nearly equal to a single local drive.

This was on a dedicated gigabit NIC and switch between my server and the ReadyNAS.

Would the performance be good enough for Kerio? That I don't know as I haven't run Kerio on the configuration described above; There are some threads here (can't find my references to them quickly) discussing performance issues with SANs, but on several, the dates are 2+ years old.

I'd suggest, as anything else IT related, create your plan and a backup plan and test both before committing to either.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: The Latest on Kerio's Distribution List Problem
Next Topic: Exporting Emails From Mail Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:54:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.