Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Full store AV scan process?
  •  
nbgrant

Send a private message to this user
Is there a process for scanning the entire store from Kerio Connect 7.0.2 or 7.1?

I have recently connected ClamAV after about 6 months of no AV and want to do a full scan. I have found a few issues with clamscan, but hesitate moving them.

If I give a move command will I have to then go through and move index files for each user with issues?

Ideally I'd be able to schedule KC7 to "scan at TIME" and have it run in the evening/night.

TIA
  •  
BudDurland

There's probably not much benefit to scanning the mail store, unless you are using an AV package specifically designed to do so. Each message is an individual text file, and any potentially damaging attachments are embedded in the text in some coded format -- UUENCODE, MIME, BASE64, etc. The AV program would have to be smart enough to extract/decode the attachment to scan it.

You're farther ahead to enable the AV scanning on the server & scan all inbound & outbound messages.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
nbgrant

I do need to scan the store.

We've had AV scanning down for about 6 months. I've found a few issues. I'd like to scan the entire store.

KC doesn't seem to have a way to pull this off. It just scans incoming and outgoing messages.
  •  
TorW

You can safely scan the entire message store with clamscan since it by default only lists suspicious files. The scan engine already knows how to decode the various attachment schemes, lest the inbound mail scanning wouldn't work. You should probably contact Kerio support and find out what happens if you delete or move a single email file from the message store. A reindex of every folder when you're done may fix it up, or it may not. Check with support.
Previous Topic: Office 2011 for mac beta
Next Topic: Email breakup or truncating for SMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:52:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00425 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.