Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Accessing Kerio Connect archive (importing eml files)
  •  
samvenning

Send a private message to this user
A member of staff has asked me to retrieve emails from a couple of months ago. I therefore copied the Kerio Connect's archive of that month to my computer. The zip archives expand to reveal an eml file for each message. So far, so good. How do I easily import these messages into Apple Mail (or any other reader such as Thunderbird)?

I found a Ruby script (eml2mbox.rb) that looked promising but it wants to convert a directory of messages into one mbox file (large and cumbersome). Plus, one malformed message can make the mbox file unreadable.

Does anyone have any tips for accessing Kerio Connect archive (.eml files)? Is there a recommended process for restoring the archive (eml files)?

With thanks,

Sam
  •  
TorW

Use the mail client to make a folder on the server. Copy the EML files to the #msgs directory within the aforementioned (empty) folder and set it up for re-indexing.

If you're on Linux, you can also mail the eml files as attachments directly with the mail(8) program.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2010 15:36]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Or simply drag&drop the .eml file to the email client (Thunderbird, Apple Mail). You can also open the file in the client and select "Move to" the folder.
  •  
samvenning

I found a useful utility for converting .eml files to .emlx The free version allows you to convert single eml file to emlx. The paid version allows you to batch convert a folder containing many eml files. It is fast (16000 emails in about 10 minutes) and it has a nice GUI (with just a couple of buttons in German).

I copied the Kerio Connect mail archive (zip) for a past month (eg February). Decompress the zip archive, then used this little utility to batch convert the eml files to emlx. I was then able to move the folder containing emlx files to ~/Library/Mail/Mailboxes, open Apple Mail. I could access all the emails (In Apple Mail you might need to highlight the mailbox and select Rebuild from Mailbox menu). Great!

http://aconcahua.com/eml2emlx/

[img]http://users.tpg.com.au/samven1/eml-2-emlx_pic.jpg[/img]

[Updated on: Tue, 07 September 2010 04:16]

•  
thodgimbel

To Import EML files into Apple Mail make use EML to MBOX Converter, which provides you exact solution to Import data from EML files to Apple Mail, saving all emails in folder structure such as Sent item, Delete item, Draft item, Inbox, Outbox, etc. Recently I used it and I got complete solution to Import emails from EML to Apple Mail account. So don't be late to get its license key that would quickly Import EML emails to Apple Mail, without damaging any data.
Previous Topic: spam-filter mistake
Next Topic: Exchange vs Exchange IMAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 06:45:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.