Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » sharing addressbook (sharing addressbook)
  •  
serjpsv

Send a private message to this user
Hi. I`m Serj. I have a problem.
There is a server with installed W2k3 Server and appx. 50 computers with WinXP in my office. There is no domain in my office network.
It is necessary to make two shared addressbooks for each user.
one - with our clients and partners addresses
second - with our internal users addresses
Can i solve this problem with Kerio Connect?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Yes, it can. The users needs to use a client which can work with contacts, such as Microsoft Outlook with Kerio Outlook Connector or Kerio WebMail. The address books can be in the public folders on the server and accessible to all users.
  •  
serjpsv

Ok. It`s good.
Is it necessary to configure all mail clients to send mail via Kerio?
I mean, can I use only sharing addressbook function but not to use POP3 and SMTP of Kerio server?
  •  
marook

Yes, if you REALLY want to keep two mailservers running, it should be fine - but why?
You are going to need licenses for every user accessing Kerio anyway, so consider moving the whole thing to Kerio. Anything else would be a waste of money, power, CPU, support...

Also, the 'internal' addressbook comes 'automatially' via the default Global Contacts folder that Kerio creates for all accounts on your server.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
serjpsv

Not two mailservers...Sorry if it is a incorrect question....
Each workstation in my network has its own mail settings. There is no local mailserver in our network....Can I install kerio connect to provide ONLY sharing addressbook function (not SMTP or POP3 server)??? Will it work?
Previous Topic: Get kerio_username in dologin.php
Next Topic: Configure in Mail Osx Snow Leopard
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 01:29:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.