Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Working with more than one mailbox in Outlook (Answering from second mailbox; Deleting messages from second Mailbox)
  •  
robsik

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I noticed problem when I work with more than one mailbox on MS Outlook. Configuration allows adding additional mailboxes and having them. I can read emails from all mailboxes I can send mails from all mailboxes I can even answer to messages.

And here we have the first problem:
- I can't answer mail from additional mailbox without changing sender. When I click to answer Outlook always give my default mailbox email not the recipient email Sad

Ok, next step: I would like to delete message from additional mailbox. This is mailbox for example "work @ ..." or "marketing <_at_> ..." so there is 2-3 other person that would like to read it as well. When I delete message I expect that this deleted message should be placed in "deleted items" in additional mailbox. BUT it doesn't work this way! That's the SECOND PROBLEM.

So I have question to Kerio staff can we expect some changes in this matter?

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2010 23:30]

Robert
  •  
philippp

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

regarding your second problem, probably it is possible to configure outlook to "mark message as deleted" instead of "moving to trash"?

The first problem is also bothering some of my clients:
It is easy to make the "marketing" mailbox accessible to several users (by granting them editor privileges and have them subscribe that mailbox in their KOFF settings in outlook).
But it is not possible for these users to take the "personality" of "marketing" when replying (you can change the FROM field in the KOFF settings in outlook, but it is not intended to be changed for each message).

Kerio support keeps telling me this is a limitation of outlook (which I only partly believe). (Please, Kerio, cant you have a deeper look at this?)

As far as I know there are two ways around this:
1.) Use Kerio Webmail:
a) If you assign a user multiple email adresses in kerio administration, then the user can easily select the FROM adress when writing a message. (Still, then they get the respective emails in their inbox.)
b) just login into webmail as "marketing"

2.) Configure an IMAP account in outlook to access the "marketing" mailbox. So users can choose to use the IMAp acocunt for sending FROM marketing. Still, this is not officially supported by Kerio, and it have seen problems with that (IMAP errors etc.) - and it does not seem to work reliably (outlook 2010 has more options here, and seems to let you select, but it did not really work - I ended up telling my client to use webmail for that, since webmail is VERY nice in Kerio).

Third option:
Use a different (better!) eMail client, for instance Thunderbird. In Thunderbird you can easily create multiple personalities for one account, so sending with any FROM adress you like is no problem. (Thunderbird has some glitches, but as an email client it is just far better, imho.)

Still, I would also HIGHLY welcome if Kerio would care about this, since it seems to be a standard feature for many offices (like the secretary sending email in the name of the boss). I also believe that this is the only real shortcoming of Kerio Connect when compared to Exchange.

Philipp

IT services for small companies
Previous Topic: Calendar reminders not working in webmail
Next Topic: KADE v7.0.2 Windows 2008 R2 Core Installation Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:35:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.