Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Message Filter - Add text to email
  •  
natediggs

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,

My business uses Kerio Connect and we also use a product called Autotask for our MSP business. When an email comes into an email address we want to process the email and send a message to the Autotask add ticket service which will add a ticket to our service desk based on the content of the email. What I want Kerio to do is get the email and then add the appropriate XML tags to the email required to create the ticket in Autotask.

What has to be added to the ticket is some XML data. Part of it is static (our account information and password). Part of it needs to be based on the content of the email (the subject of the email and the senders email address).

Anyone ever created a custom email filter such as this? If so, any place I can find some support on the subject? I looked at the Kerio documentation and didn't really find anything helpful.

Nate
  •  
j.a.duke

natediggs wrote on Tue, 07 September 2010 10:48
Hi Everyone,

My business uses Kerio Connect and we also use a product called Autotask for our MSP business. When an email comes into an email address we want to process the email and send a message to the Autotask add ticket service which will add a ticket to our service desk based on the content of the email. What I want Kerio to do is get the email and then add the appropriate XML tags to the email required to create the ticket in Autotask.

What has to be added to the ticket is some XML data. Part of it is static (our account information and password). Part of it needs to be based on the content of the email (the subject of the email and the senders email address).

Anyone ever created a custom email filter such as this? If so, any place I can find some support on the subject? I looked at the Kerio documentation and didn't really find anything helpful.

Nate

Nate,

Can you post a little about your server & desktop environment?

I don't think what you want to do is possible internal to Kerio, but might be possible to do using scripting or the like.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
natediggs

Kerio uses Sieve for it's mail filters and Sieve has a Redirect function. This should suffice for adding text to an email and redirecting it to another account. I basically have it working except for one issue.

if header :matches "Subject" "Autotask Test"
{
notify :options "nate<_at_>company.com" :message "$text$\n\n\n<Autotask> <ID name=\"company.com\"/> \n\n<PW name=\"password\"/> \n\n<Email name=\"$sender$\"/> \n\n</Autotask>\n";
}

That sends an email to me and includes the test of the email plus the XML code needed for the AutoTask server to process the email. The only problem I have is that Sieve doesn't correctly include the senders email in the <Email name=... portion. It just puts the "$sender$" in there. I'm sure the problem is the escape characters.

The documentation on Sieve online is just total crap, so I was wondering if someone had any tips on how to make this work.

Nate
Previous Topic: KOC and KOC offline and PC Antivirus
Next Topic: Kerio, Outlook, multiple mail accounts and meeting invites
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:32:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.