Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 7.1.0 patch 1: sophos update not working
  •  
mail4me

Send a private message to this user
The automatic update of sophos is not working. It seems that it does not use the "proxy settings" to connect to sophos-update.kerio.com/....

Therefore I have manually editted the host file on my windows system, but the update does not work either. Connecting via firefox to the sophos-update.kerio.com/..-site gives timeout errors after loading two pages of data.

Plese get this working, current sophos version after upgrading to kerio 7.1.0 p1:
Virus 4.50.1373133
Scan engine 3.1.0.0

Thanks.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

To test the reachability of the update server, try this link - https://sophos-update.kerio.com/test.html

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
suppertrupper

version 7.1p1 on mac osx 10.58
the update fails sophos doesn't update automatically as well as manually (update now) it shows a pop up 'Update for the integrated antivirus Software failed'!!

the starnge thing is, that worked until early in this morning!
yesterday i needed to re-index some user, for that reason I stopped the server !

[ERROR LOG]
[14/Sep/2010 04:08:19] AvPlugin.cpp: Antivirus Server error(0): Internet connection is probably broken. Cannot check for new version.
[14/Sep/2010 04:08:19] AvModule.cpp: Antivirus update failed: Internet connection is probably broken. Cannot check for new version., plugin will be restarted
[14/Sep/2010 05:08:20] AvPlugin.cpp: Antivirus Server error(0): Internet connection is probably broken. Cannot check for new version.

the nternet connection isn't broken, server is able to open test.html
https://sophos-update.kerio.com/test.html

•  
beatle20359

Exactly the same problem for me.. I updated to 7.1.1 on Friday night and had to remove 130,000 duplicate calendar entries from 3 of our users. I ran the dupes.pl script having stopped the server, renamed the index.fld to index.bad and restarted the server. For the first user (80,000 dupes) this worked fine on Friday night, yesterday having removed the last 36,000 dupes from 2 of our other users calendars Sophos has stopped updating and is reporting the internet connection is broken which it isn't.

I've also had the problem that the Sophos plugin can stop which fills up the message queue with mails with attachments. On the 2 occasions this has happened in the last 2 weeks it has either taken me stopping the plugin and then restarting it to get it to work or Kerio has restarted the plugin after 30mins of the error message appearing.

This isn't good when you run 350 accounts for 11 offices world wide. Never thought i'd say it but McAfee caused us less problems Shocked

I'm going to restart the server when the weekly backup has finished and if that doesn't cure it i'll raise a ticket tomorrow.

Beatle
  •  
beatle20359

Restarting the server worked!
  •  
suppertrupper

restarting the server machine solved here as well !!
Previous Topic: Cant't access Open Directory accounts with Kerio Connect 7.1.1
Next Topic: Mail delay on Blackberry Devices
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:31:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.