Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Blackberry Connector - MAPI call failed (BESX and KerioConnect - problem with KBC)
  •  
philippp

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

my BESX recently uses high CPU, and in the KCB log I see hundreds of these messages:
[09/09/2010 11:32:20.343](13412){err}{notif} In .\DbNotificationEngine.cpp:624 (CDbNotificationEngine::dispatchEvent)
[#25267] (5a9c) onNotify call failed (array of 1 notifications)
HRESULT: 0x800706ba RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE

Starting the Kerio MAPI Profile Configuration Utility (as besadmin user), I get the error
"MAPI call failed. For technical support: 0x80004005, Step: 0"

Maybe reinstalling KCB might cure this, but I fear that this would create a new besadmin unique-id in KC and thus I would also need to reinstall (or reconfigure) BESX.
(The besadmin user in KC seems to have a string appended to its name which is unique for each installation - at least I saw this upon my previous experiments with KCB.)

In some BB forums (all assuming exchange) I read that running fixmapisvc.exe (part of BESX) can cure this.
Is this supposed to work for KCB too, or can I ruin anything running fixmapisvc.exe?

Any suggestions or experiences?

Thanks + kind regards,
Philipp

[Updated on: Fri, 10 September 2010 09:48]

IT services for small companies
  •  
philippp

Send a private message to this user
Ahhh!!

For some reason, Outlook Express was set as the default eMail application in the besadmin windows user profile.
I believe this must be set to ExchangeMAPI! (Start IE, go to Extras -> Internet Options, Programs.)

This cured the above errors, still now I get 0x8004011c MAPI_E_UNCONFIGURED

PS:
KERIO - please put that into the documentation!!
It might be obvious to you, but it cost me hours!

IT services for small companies
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 7.0.1 Resource Room bookings giving status 5.6.1 unsupported message format errors
Next Topic: Kerio Connect behind mod_disk_cache
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 02:58:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00450 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.