Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public contacts and calendar on HTC android
  •  
Dicom

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
we use an HTC Desire with exchange account and Kerio Connect 7.1.0 patch 1 (Versione Android 2.2).
On webmail we have enable the option "Folders to syncronize on mobile device" but on the device the public contacts and public calendar aren't syncronized.
Someone help us?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

HTC can display only public/shared email folders. The device does not support more calendars or contacts folders. For public contacts you can use online GAL search.
  •  
Jonathan..

Hello.
We have the same problem, with syncing the shared calendar to Android. I run a SE Xperia pro with Android 4.0, is there any way to get my phone to synch with our shared calendars?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Jonathan.. wrote on Thu, 01 November 2012 16:26
Hello.
We have the same problem, with syncing the shared calendar to Android. I run a SE Xperia pro with Android 4.0, is there any way to get my phone to synch with our shared calendars?

Yes, you need to use the client, which can synchronise more contact folders, eg. Moxier Mail (use "MoxierAndroid as device type). Native Android synchronisation does not support this.
  •  
Jonathan..

Thank you Pavel!
Is Moxier the only application we can use, or is there any cheaper one that also does the job?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is the only application we test and therefore can recommend.
  •  
groovee

Hello,

I'm facing similar problem. You can use also Touchdown Pro (price is almost like Moxier).
I decided on Touchdown due to MDM compliance.

The only problem I have is contacts - as far as I know it is not possible to copy contacts from phone to Contacts in user mailbox on Kerio (his own, not public).

If I create contact in Touchdown it is OK, but when I create it in phonebook, it stays in phonebook only.

You can solve it by using Touchdown for mail and additional exchange account for contacts only. It works.

Probably with calendar it looks the same.

But my idea is to do not use Touchdown but native app for email. Additional I would like to configure second Exchange account. On server side all contacts and calendar events will be copied to his own calendar and contact folder.

It should work. I need one-direction synchronization only.

I've tested easy2sync application but it does not see my public folders.

Do You have some solution to automatically copy contacts and calendar from public folder to my own folder?

Is it allowed to simply copy files in Kerio Connect store directory? :>

Regards, Kacper

•  
groovee

Hello,

Copy Folder application works fine for public folders.
http://www.outlook-stuff.com/sonstige/copyfolder.html

Website is in Deutch only but app is in english Smile
It is Outlook plugin, so You have to maintain VM machine or something.

I've just tested for contacts and calendar as described above.

Unfortunately, as I understand, cost for company is 500 euro (20e for private user).
  •  
Jonathan..

Could it be possible to synch shared folders calendars with your gmail-account? Then you could name the calendars as you wish, and every calendar apps should work.
  •  
groovee

Yes, it is good option (better becouse it's free).
Unfortunately I can not use gmail (security policy).
  •  
Jonathan..

But you could use gmail just to synch the calendars, or are they also that secret?
Anyway, Pavel, is it possible to synch the shared folders calendars with a google account?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Jonathan.. wrote on Mon, 12 November 2012 20:28
But you could use gmail just to synch the calendars, or are they also that secret?
Anyway, Pavel, is it possible to synch the shared folders calendars with a google account?

Yes, it is possible, technically. But Google has many limitations (no HTTPS, no authentication, size limit of 1MB) so the calendar has to be shared for anonymous access. Not much secure or recommended solution.
Previous Topic: Slow contact search with Outlook and KOFF
Next Topic: iCal Data from iCal Server cannot be edited on Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:27:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00539 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.