Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving/changing events in Kerio Calendar (Moving/changing events in Kerio Calendar)
  •  
nixIT

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

New to the forums.

We recently migrated from Exchange 2003 to Kerio Connect version7. The migration went fairly smoothly, and all users are up and running. However, we have run into a problem with the calendar. When my users create an event (recurring or 1 time), and then make any modifications to that event, eg. add a recipient, change time, change date, etc. the event will not be correct for 1 or all users. A good example would be to change the time of an event from 1pm to 2pm. On the meeting organizers calender it may show correctly, but on the attendees, the results are one of the following:

1) The event will not move to 2pm
2) The event will be removed from the calender altogether.
3) The event will show up at 1pm and 2pm

Don't even get me going on recurring events.

I've contacted Kerio support via phone about this issue, and the response I received back was, and I quote "Whenever a change to a calender is made, this causes an exception in Kerio, and Kerio doesn't handle exceptions well."

As you can see, that's not an answer I can go back to my users with, as moving meetings is common practice in this day and age, and Kerio doesn't handle it well? ok.

How do other users (you) handle the moving of meetings from one time to another? I know the users could delete the meeting and recreate, but that's not the solution, only a workaround.

I would like any suggestions or inputs on this.

--nixIT
  •  
nixIT

Anyone?

How are other users handling the moving of meetings within Kerio?

--nixIT
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

I don't believe we are having this issue when we move appointments around. We are on 7.0.2, and looking to update to 7.1.x soon. I believe this was fixed in the version that we are on. THough most of the users that create meetings are using OUtlook with the connector, so it could be a bit different.

I hope this helps, check the release notes on the newer versions of the software. Perhaps your fix is in the newer release.

Trent Greenawalt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
nixIT

Thanks for the reply.

We too are running Kerio Connect 7.0.2, and our users are running Outlook, though a mix of Outlook XP and Outlook 2003, with a couple Outlook 2007.

The problem happens most on recurring meetings, but has cropped up on singular meetings, but those are far and few between.

For the recurring meetings, here is what I've found out from our users:

A meeting is scheduled to happen every Thursday at 2pm. Meetings 1 and 2 come and go. We are now into the 3rd week of meetings, but this meeting gets moved to friday. The event organizer moves the meeting for week 3 only to Friday at 2pm and sends out an update.

One of a couple things happen:

Organizer:
1) The meeting is correctly moved on the organizers calendar
2) The meeting disappears from the organizers calender

Recipients:
1) The meeting will be added to Friday's calender and not removed from Thursdays
2) The meeting will vanish all together.

The users mention these steps worked while we were on exchange, but they are unable to move meetings now that we are on Kerio.

--nixIT
Previous Topic: Kerio Blackberry Connector Remote Folder search
Next Topic: How to add Spam Scores to eMails with xyz.attachments
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:50:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.