Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » EIMS to Kerio (Server Migration)
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
I just purchased Kerio Connect and will be migrating 50 IMAP users from EIMS.

I searched the archive but could not find any up-to-date discussion on the process.

Has anyone done this recently and got anything they'd like to share about making the process as easy as possible?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
j.a.duke

fishtech wrote on Thu, 16 September 2010 18:16
I just purchased Kerio Connect and will be migrating 50 IMAP users from EIMS.

I searched the archive but could not find any up-to-date discussion on the process.

Has anyone done this recently and got anything they'd like to share about making the process as easy as possible?

Thanks,

ft.

I did my own migration about two years ago; I had to use some perl scripts. Worked but wasn't easy.

I did a client earlier this year-Kerio IMAP Migration Tool (KIMT) made it painless.

I just exported the EIMS users with passwords, fed the info into KIMT and everything just came over. I might have had a couple of minor errors, but nothing show-stopping.

Cheers,
Jon

[Updated on: Fri, 17 September 2010 15:49]

•  
fishtech

Thanks.

My experiences so far with a recent switch form EIMS to Kerio Connect 7.1.1...

1. I used KIMT to transfer the data and accounts. I would say roughly it takes 1 hr per Gb data but ymmv. KIMT was fussy about the formatting of the csv file. It did not like Mac line breaks... I had to use Text Wrangler and save as Dos line breaks. Once I had that sorted out transferring the data and accounts was straightforward.

2. I am using open directory accounts with different shortnames to the eims accounts. After importing mail uing KIMT, to get the EIMS mail to the correct Kerio OD users I had to:

a. delete the loacl kerio user
b. on request switch the deleted user's folders to the correct OD user in Kerio.

All the mail & folders of the deleted user now show correctly for the OD users, except they are in a folder called deleted items.

3. See my other posts for some weirdness with POP3 Eudora clients.

4. I have a support ticket in for some weirdness with open directory groups not expanding correctly.

All in all it has been pretty smooth on the server side of this transition.

HTH someone,

ft.
  •  
fishtech

Spoke with support re. the groups issue mentioned above. They were very helpful for what is a rtfm problem.

Kerio's definition of groups is different to EIMS. In Kerio groups are initially used for privileges. To be used as email groups you need specifically to assign an email address to the group.

And nesting OD groups within groups does not work.

In retrospect this is simple, but it is a paradigm shift from EIMS.

ft.
Previous Topic: Email to all users
Next Topic: checking of connection to kerio mail server failes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 19:42:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.