Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect and ext4
  •  
imorris

Send a private message to this user
Is there anyone out there testing Kerio Connect on an ext4 filesystem yet? We're fed up with the Mac platform and hfs+ and are moving to CentOS but have to make a decision on a filesystem on the new server.

I was just curious if we should stick with ext3, since it's about to be replaced by ext4 in even the conservative linux distributions like RHEL.
  •  
BudDurland

I'm not a linux file system guru, but I'm under the impression that for a larger disk volume, esp one with many files such as you will find with Kerio, XFS is the preferred choice..

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
imorris

XFS is a great filesystem but I've usually considered it the choice for very large volumes (>8TB). We'll be at about 2TB max for this system. Are linux admins here using XFS for their Kerio installs? ext3 seems the tried-and-true fs for this situation. I was just curious if Kerio has been testing out performance on ext4.
  •  
BudDurland

Looking for a better way to configure our Kerio server, I found this article from Novell giving a fairly complete explanation of various file systems. Cliff Notes: for a Kerio Mail store, RieserFS may be the best choice.

I was led there because for the last few days, we've been trying to track down a performance issue, but I'll post that in another thread.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
netground

Hi,

We're happily using ext4 with Kerio!

Hans

Net Ground B.V.
Domainname registration, webhosting, Kerio hostedmail, Streaming VOD and Live streams, Virtual servers (VMware), dedicated servers, managed servers, cloudhosting.

http://www.netground.nl
  •  
nhoague

Ditto. ext4 in my experience is just a build on ext3 with journaling, which was a build on ext2 without journaling. We are having no problems with 350+ users. We transfer about 10 GB / day and have a mailstore of 500+GB.
Previous Topic: Outlook 2010 - 64-bit
Next Topic: Windows 7 64 bit and Office 2010 32 bit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 16:43:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.