Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Droid - multiple instances of calendar events showing up (When using the native Droid exchange sync app it appears to be duplicating event entries, especially if they are re-occuring)
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Send a private message to this user
HI my name is Trent Greenawalt, and I work for a large distribution company as the IT manager.

I have been having this issue since all Verizon droid users were "forced" to upgrade to 2.2 Froyo. The reminder to upgrade gets very irratating so I did it.

Now it did fix a lot of small bugs, but it also made my calendar a HUGE mess. For one, it removed the "corporate calendar", and merged both the gmail calendar "calendar" and the corporate into one calendar just named "calendar".

Not really a big deal I guess, as long as I can still keep the calendars seperate gmail/kerio in their own right I am good. Events do not pass over, which is nice, but I would at least like the option for one.

More importantly, in a bad way, this has caused a new problem. All of my re-occuring events are showing up anywhere from 2 to 8 times each day. I have tried everything to get this back to normal, but it just doesn't want to work. This is a huge bug and makes my reminders pretty much useless, and my agenda screen even worse. I am now reminded 8 times to eat lunch, and 8 times to change my backup tapes...NICE!

Please note this is only on the phone, not in outlook/kerio on the actual PC. The reminders on the computer are fine as well. Kerio's exchange sync client must not handle the two to one calendar change they made that well.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks,
Trent Greenawlt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
stewie

Same here.

Your lucky yours only shows up 8 times. I have users here where a single event appears well over 100 times per event! Their calendars are majorly boned & now I have to figure out some automatic way to delete all these duplicate entries. In the meantime, disable calendar sync.

I've also had one user send an email from his phone & it kept sending over & over & over & over. I had to delete the offending email from his outgoing mailbox.

In both these cases, it seems like the client end is not receiving acknowledgment that the task completed or the client is ignoring it, & so it just keeps trying repeatedly.

•  
M Moogle

I don't think this is a Droid-specific bug as I'm running Cyanogenmod 6 on my phone and it happens to me. The events are only duplicated on the phone side, not on the server. You can temporarily fix it by clearing data from the "Calendar Storage" app and letting it re-sync your calendar afterwards. It would be really nice to get this fixed.
  •  
stewie

Moogle, we had been running OK until there was update pushed to the phones. The syncing problem is writing the duplicate data to the server, not just the client. You can see these numerous events (17,113 for one user) in iCal.app & webmail.

And I know this isn't an iCal.app issue because I cleared about 500 events & disabled iCal.app. Later on, a significant portion of the deleted events reappeared. Only the phone was accessing the calendar.

(Sorry, I don't have the exact model & software versions of these users phone, but I know they're Droids & they were updated this weekend & on Monday we started having duplication issues.)
  •  
M Moogle

Stewie, I think we're running into different issues. I'm seeing the same issue as Trent where the events are only duplicated a few times on the client, and not at all on the server. I've also never experienced the repeated sending of an email over and over.

Are your users running an actual Verizon 'Droid' branded phone (Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, or Eris) or some other Android phone (HTC, Samsung, etc)? I ask because the Droids didn't receive any updates this weekend AFAIK. The only thing happening with them is that the Droid X has started getting Froyo today.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

My users, myself included are running moto droid (We have one user on droid x, but he doesn't use his calendar yet so I can't comment to that). I will have to look into the logs a bit more. I just opened a case on this, so Kerio is now at least aware of the issue. They had said that they hadn't heard of this issue until today??? This has been going on for a few weeks, I am surprised no one else reported it yet.

Thanks,
Trent Greenawalt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
stewie

Thanks for the clarification, Moogle.

One user has replied to my request for info & he said he's using a Sprint EVO 4G. I'm pretty sure the other user with the repeatedly sending email has the exact same phone & carrier. Once I get all this cleaned up I'll do a little debugging & see what I can find.

Thanks!
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Just a heads up, I installed the latest version of Kerio and unhook, re-hooked my email/calendar sync up on the phone and it still duplicates re-occuring events. I then wiped out my local calendar store on the phone and re-synced, still getting the same problem.

If anyone has a solution to this I am all ears. I would rather not eat lunch 8 times a day anymore:)

Thanks,
Trent Greenawalt

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Has any headway been made on this issue on the latest 7.2 build of Kerio Connect? We are really having issues keeping our schedules in sync with this duplication. I have had to turn off calendar sync for all of my droid users and they (the salesman) are not happy about this.

Please provide an update on the status of this project.

Trent Greenawalt

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Calendar duplication issue will be addressed in the next service release. It happens in a few days.
  •  
keriojet

I am seeing this issue on Kerio Connect 7.4 using our "Sony Xperia active" phones running Android 2.3.4. Our calendars have single instances of various recurring events, but on the phones, each event shows up five times for every one represented in the Kerio webmail, or Outlook, interfaces.
Previous Topic: Error occurred during recovery process (code 3)
Next Topic: User connection issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 08:13:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.