Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't Get Kerio Connect so show up in BESX Admin (I cant get Kerio Connect so show up as the messaging server in the BESX admin)
  •  
jstrickland

Send a private message to this user
I installed all components in the correct order. I did not have any errors. In fact, when I open the BlackBerry Server Configuration I can go to the BlackBerry Server tab, click on Edit MAPI Profile, then click on Test connection, and all works fine. It has my correct Kerio server name and ports. The test comes back successful. Therefore, one would assume BESX is successfully communicating with Kerio Connect through the Kerio Connector for BlackBerry.

However, when I open up the BESX Admin in Explorer and follow the procedures for creating a new user, I have no way of specifying that the user should be pulled from Kerio Connect. Then, when I go to Manage Users, there are no servers available in the drop down for messaging servers.

Have I missed a step somewhere?
  •  
zebby

In BESX click 'Create user' and in 'Messaging server display name' enter the name of the user in KC (as it is in the 'Full name' section in KC such as Fred Bloggs) then enter the full email address then hit 'Search'
You should then get the option to create the user in BESX
  •  
HugoZonderland

I'm having the same problem and I can't find out if its the BESX or Kerio. If I try to search for the user I get no results. The BESX log is giving some errors wich I resolved from the BESX help section.

I also never get this button to create the server in BESX.
  •  
nhoague

I was finally able to setup my BESx correctly and I found the problem (with much thanks to Kerio) was one of my users full names had an illegal characater. It was a dbl quote ("), but that was what was causing BESx to crash upon importing the users from KBC.

From my experience, KBC tricks BESx into thinking there is an Exchange server in the backend. You won't be able to find anywhere in BAS that it is pulling from Kerio.

To create a user, all you should need to do is simply go to create a user, and then enter some of the details in the search box (just use one, its easier), and if all is correct BES will give you a list of the users it has secured locally.

If no users are found, there is also a "refresh user list from company directory" button. Click that and it will queue a resync of the users.

I believe KC 7.1.2 fixes the illegal characters field, but as for now I can't upgrade yet, so we just make new users don't have any other characters besides the standard.
  •  
HugoZonderland

I've done these steps; besadmin.info/KB19451

But I'm still getting the errors. Can annyone tell me why?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2010 14:24]

•  
HugoZonderland

I'm having the same problems as the person in this topic; www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/microsoft-exchange/8752-b esx-5-errors-adding-user-company-directory.html.
When I try the given solutions to resolve the problems, the problems don't get resolved. Can annyone help me?
Previous Topic: Large queue on border mail server.
Next Topic: Shared Calendar with other Domain
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:45:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00524 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.