Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kerio service crashed (which log file would i look to investigate why?)
  •  
rleslie70

Send a private message to this user
We're running kerio version 6.7.3. last night the kerio service crashed and even though the service is set to restart automatically it didn't. i've looked in the debug and the error files and i don't see anything peculiar. which log file should i be looking in to determine the reason the service crashed? is there a crash report?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

•  
rleslie70

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

In Windows the Kerio MailServer Monitor should show a bubble if the service crash is detected. And it offers an option to upload the information to Kerio for analysis. Otherwise, please contact our technical support and upload user.dmp file created in MailServer installation directory.
  •  
faisex

i have similar problem with one of my client, that is running KMS 6.7.0 on a redhat RHEL 5.3 box with no clues on why the service stops and does not auto-starts.
and in recent episode the newly created users and their respective mailboxes also automatically disappear, on re-creating users with same name automatically recovers their mailboxes.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

faisex wrote on Mon, 27 September 2010 15:34
i have similar problem with one of my client, that is running KMS 6.7.0 on a redhat RHEL 5.3 box with no clues on why the service stops and does not auto-starts.
and in recent episode the newly created users and their respective mailboxes also automatically disappear, on re-creating users with same name automatically recovers their mailboxes.

Service is not auto-started after the crash on Linux. You ca easily create own watchdog script in cron, which will keep an eye on the service and restart it if necessary.

I recommend upgrading to the latest version. A lot of bugfixes is included there. Or contact our technical support and upload the core.* file create in the mailserver installation directory.
  •  
rleslie70

Went through the windows event viewer and looks like the kerio service has crashed 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Before that, the last time it crashed was in December of 2009. In the event viewer, the message is just that the kerio service is not responding.

My company elected to not pay the subscription fee because it was going to be quite a large amount (because of the number of users we have). So i don't mind troubleshooting this myself if i could pointed in the right direction.

I downloaded some microsoft debugging tools and opened up the user.dmp file myself; however, it doesn't really show me too much. of course, i've never used these debugging tools so maybe i don't know where to look. Also, the user.dmp file was over 800 mb which is a little weird because last time it crashed i deleted the file.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, i would really appreciate it.

thanks so much.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

If you upload the crashdump file to Kerio with the Kerio Assist utility (which should appear right after the crash or should be offered as an action in Kerio Monitor systray icon) then we are able to tell you if this is a known bug/issue and if there is any bugfix or workaround.
  •  
rleslie70

OK. i don't think i want to try to upload a 800 mb file. next time it happens i'll click the kerio assist utility and hopefully the dump file won't be as large.
  •  
rleslie70

it happened again today. i clicked to upload the report and it came back with the error message 'ftp server no longer responding.' any other ideas? you would think there would be some record of the crash dump in the error log files?
  •  
rleslie70

This was in my debug file at the time of crash.

19/Oct/2010 15:33:18][3576] {threadpool} KThreadPool::~KThreadPool connection_pool: called by thread: 3576, owner: 5156, managerHandle: 13cb4
[19/Oct/2010 15:33:18][3576] {threadpool} KThreadPool::waitForShutdown connection_pool: owner: 5156, managerHandle: 13cb4
[19/Oct/2010 15:33:18][3576] {threadpool} KThreadPool::signalShutdown connection_pool: called by thread: 3576, owner: 5156, managerHandle: 13cb4
[19/Oct/2010 15:33:18][3576] {threadpool} KTaskQueue::shutdown connection_pool erasing tasks
[19/Oct/2010 15:33:18][3576] {threadpool} KTaskQueue::shutdown connection_pool task list cleared
[19/Oct/2010 15:33:18][3576] {threadpool} KThreadPool::signalShutdown connection_pool: signaling shutdown to workers
[19/Oct/2010 15:33:18][3576] {threadpool} TaskList service-imap: count=1; status: 5701
  •  
rleslie70

I think i figured out the problem. at least i hope this is the issue. Kerio had gotten to the point of crashing at least once a day. I noticed some errors in the event viewer on my network adapters. We have 2 adapters teamed using the hp config utility. The errors states that this or that adapter had failed or entered an unusable state. I contacted hp and they suggested upgrading the drivers on the nic adapaters and the hp network config utility, which i did. Since then kerio hasn't gone down in 4 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this resolves the issue and that i'm not jinxing myself by proclaiming victory prematurely.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone has a similar issue.

thx
Previous Topic: 7.2/2011 & Open Directory
Next Topic: Kerio Blackberry Connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 08:52:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00492 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.