Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mailing-list Management (How to get moderators to see member list and alter it)
  •  
roe1234

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to give moderators of mailing-lists access to see who is subscribed to their list and access to add/remove members from the list *without* giving them the main kerio administrator password?
  •  
roe1234

•  
roe1234

•  
TorW

The mailing lists in KMS/KC does not have the usual array of moderator commands you can give the list by mail. They may be there for all i know, but in that case they are undocumented. The only typical MLM thing that works are the -subscribe and -unsubscribe address aliases. I'm not sure either if there any kind of "bounce pruning" (dead email addresses are removed) in the Kerio MLs.

The Domain Admin role in Kerio have access to mailing lists, but a role like that is probably too much for a mere ML moderator. To answer your question: no, there isn't Wink
  •  
Matt S

To comment on a really old thread.... Is this still the case? I want to allow a user to control a mailing list's members without giving them full server admin rights.

Surely this is possible....

no?
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Members can subscribe/unsubscribe themselves and you could make the other person a moderator and they could approve new membership.

For the user to directly add/remove members of a mailing list, the user would have to have server administration rights to the Kerio Connect WebAdmin.
  •  
Matt S

This is what I'd concluded but frankly that's really terrible. It should at least be possible to give someone access to just the mailing lists in the management interface without risk of them doing something foolish to another user's account.
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

You can submit a feature request using the "Suggest Idea" button in the Kerio Connect WebAdmin. Your suggestions will help to improve the mailserver.
  •  
Matt S

Thanks Jeff, but to be honest the suggest idea button seems a waste of time. There are many ideas suggested there, with no sense of whether Kerio plans to implement them. One of the ideas I've voted for even has an admin comment saying it's already possible, but no indication as to how this is implemented (it isn't in documentation). I see no point in suggesting basic mailing list tools that Kerio should have implemented years ago.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

ultimate_fish wrote on Mon, 01 October 2012 11:25
Thanks Jeff, but to be honest the suggest idea button seems a waste of time. There are many ideas suggested there, with no sense of whether Kerio plans to implement them. One of the ideas I've voted for even has an admin comment saying it's already possible, but no indication as to how this is implemented (it isn't in documentation). I see no point in suggesting basic mailing list tools that Kerio should have implemented years ago.

Unfortunately, I can't find what idea you are referring to. But I'd like to mention that "Administrator" name in uservoice forum is not a forum administrator. The name is used by many other forum users (as they don't fill the real name when opening the forum).
  •  
Matt S

Ah, that's interesting... The idea in question was the ability to send e-mail on behalf of another user.
  •  
pcunix

ultimate_fish wrote on Mon, 01 October 2012 05:25

Well, I disagree.

Yes, I get frustrated too when I see stuff that really needs to be done go year after year undone, but on the other hand I HAVE seen several suggestions I created or voted for get implemented. The suggestions do work!

The only one that infuriates me is the refusal to put in server side folder archiving. Doing that (and heck, it's basically the same code as used for deleting items but moving to an appropriately named new folder rather than deleting) would have saved me losing quite a few customers over the years.

I expect to lose customers now and then. People go out of business, they get bought up by bigger companies and are forced to go to Exchange or their cousin comes in and sells them something else - I can accept that. What makes me bite my lip is when someone dumps Kerio because their user mailboxes are too big and it causes both slowness and sometimes indexing issues. Server side folder archiving would fix 98% of that!

That's MY pet peeve. You no doubt have your own Smile

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Matt S

True... I have many Wink

I have seen some suggestions being developed... but not many, and too slowly. I'd been asking for some fairly fundamental things from Kerio for years before they happened... Trouble is we have no idea of the Connect roadmap to know where things are heading and what we might realistically expect. I see a great many suggestions that feel to me rather off topic and away from the core competencies of a mail server. Meanwhile things like the ability to actually manage the mailing lists, which I don't believe is something I should be having to ask for at this stage, isn't likely to get many votes so it really is a bit of a waste of my time trying.
  •  
Charles B

There is already a suggestion open for this issue, with 26 votes currently HERE.

While I also feel like the suggest idea button is a waste of time, I voted for it anyway. It only wastes a little bit of my time, and it may just possibly do some good ("Perhaps the horse will learn to sing")

I agree also that this is a pretty lame implementation of a mailing list. When I opened a service request on this issue, I was told to make the list moderator an administrator--as if that were a valid option Rolling Eyes

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
MarkK

Haha, I know this is an old post, but I am starting to look at mailing lists.

"I was told to make the list moderator an administrator--as if that were a valid option"

I always loved that basic reply with Windows, just make them a local admin.... and allow them the ability to load something and do something on the one machine that would cause a lot of problems everywhere.

Kerio, please enhance this with features that should be there. Auditors don't like regular users being an admin for something like this.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2013 04:41]

Previous Topic: kmsrecover differential help
Next Topic: Delete user mailbox folder from Mailstore
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:28:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00542 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.