Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kcontrol on VMware ESX environments
  •  
giampos

Send a private message to this user
I have 2 Esx host, and a VM with Kcontrol appliance, all is ok.
The Esx hosts have the same network interfaces and the same names,so when i migrate no problems occur.

But powering on the Control appliance on the second host, bad things happens, all the eth interfaces have lost their Ip configuration ! Why?

I think because the mac address of the virtual networks are different from the first esx.

There is a workaraund to start-stop (on a shared san storage) the control appliance without fault time in different esx hosts??

If a ESX node fails I wanna start the appliance in the other node without problems.
  •  
giampos

Send a private message to this user
Hi, thanks for no reply ! Mad Laughing

I have found myself the solution, I wanna share it in case someone else has this need.

Moving the Vm to another didn't cause the mac change, it will remain the same.
Cloning the machine will change.

but, how to be ready for host fail ?? I cannot move the machine after hardware problem.

We can copy manually the Vm folder from the original datastore to another Esx datastore, or better, moving it to shared storage without adding it to other esx inventory.

When the primary esx fail, you can access to the other Esx datastore o shared storage, add the copied Vm to the inventory and the mac addres will be the same.

Previous Topic: need help?!...
Next Topic: 'Licenses in use' counter in KC 7.0.1?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:34:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00337 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.