Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cant Download Sophos Updates, Windows Server 2008
  •  
rhunter

Send a private message to this user
I am moving my Kerio Connect (v7.1.1) server to new hardware using Windows Server 2008. I previously used Windows Server 2000 with no problems. With Server 2008, I am unable to either get the trial key downloaded (verfication image wont download) and using my license key, the AV updates wont download.

I have narrowed it down this far using Windows XP Pro as a control on the new server hardware:

Using the new server hardware, the same network, the same internet connection, the same server IP address and the same drivers, varying only the operating system:

With Windows XP Pro installed on the server, Kerio works correctly.
With Windows Server 2008 installed, I cant get the image downloaded for the trial license and using my license key, I cant download antivirus updates.

With Server 2008:
This is a clean install of Server 2008.
The Windows firewall is off.
IPv6 is disabled in the registry.
I can access the two AV sites listed below.
http://sophos-update.kerio.com/test.html
https://sophos-update.kerio.com/test.html
I can download the Kerio executable from kerio.com.
I can get OS updates from Microsoft.
I can get driver downloads from Intel.
I can access numerous web sites trouble free.
I disabled the onboard NIC on the Intel S3200SHV motherboard and tried a 3Com 3c905 NIC to see if there was a driver interaction. This did not help the problem.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? This is a plain, out of the box installation of Server 2008. No roles or features added. The server is not a domain controller, it is set as standalone.

Thanks,

Russ

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2010 06:22]

Previous Topic: Kerio and IIS 7.5
Next Topic: problem with public folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:17:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.