Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Open directory users not showing up (Webinterface bug?)
  •  
henk

Send a private message to this user
We are testing a Kerio server in a new apple environment and installed the latest Kerio Connect software and Open Directory extensions on a Mac OS X 10.6.3 server. In Configuration - Domain Settings - Directory Service we put in all the right credentials en tested the connection with the 'Test Connection' button. Everything is fine.

Then we went to Accounts - Users - Add from Directory service, nothing show up although there are 150 users in Open Directory. We couldn't figure out what we were doing wrong. Since the webinterface was behaving a bit flaky at other installations of ours we decided to install and try the Kerio Administration Console on this server. Lo and behold now the users are showing up.

Is this a webinterface bug or are we still doing something wrong here?
  •  
My IT Indy

I still like the admin console myself. Web is great for some stuff, but not others.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
fishtech

Can the admin console be used with 7.1.1?

Where can I download it?

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
henk

@HoosierMac
Which things do you think the webinterface is better for?

@fishtech
Yes apparently you can by going to legacy downloads on the downloads page. We downloaded the version prior to the latest which still has the admin console.

http://download.kerio.com/archive/
  •  
My IT Indy

WebInterface is great to let customers manage their own domain without installing software or keeping the admin console updated.

Other than that I like the admin console better. It allows for additional columns when viewing users and remembers sort order.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
mackelijk

Hello,

I faced the same problem installing Connect 7.1.1 for a new client last week. Open directory users are not visible, neither are groups in the web interface. I followed the tip to use the admin console and indeed they show up there. But when I try to add a user from the OD, when clicking 'apply' it responds with an error messages that the ldap directory is not valid.

So it seems the web interface was not wrong to not display,but what is the error here? There is no log entry, and the open directory structure seems fine. We have two other servers as OD clients for it, and they show the users and groups just fine and there are no issues with logins.

ANy ideas???
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Is the OD server Master or Replica? What does the debug log in Connect say (Directory service lookup)?
The error indicated the OD schema is probably not extended properly or the credentials used for LDAP access don't have write access.
  •  
mackelijk

Hello again,

We tried it with KC running on the server machine where the OD master is as well as on a separate server which binds to the OD master. No replica but a client. This makes no difference in the behaviour of the OD connector. I tested the user credentials use din KC in the Workgroup admin and had write access (new users, mods etc) so This all seems in order.
  •  
henk

We have reported this issue to Kerio support in our country. I will report back when they respond.
  •  
mackelijk

It seems the problem is solved. I rebooted the OD master server for some osx updates, and afterwards the users and accounts appeared. I did install the open directory extensions on the OD master but a restart was necessary too apparently. The reason the od extensions were installed on the OD master machine was that I wanted to check whether the problem also occured there, and it did before the reboot.

So resuming it is always necessary to install the OD extension on the OD master machine and restart it in order For Kerio Coonect + OD extensions to work on a directory slave. I hope this helps others having similar problems..
  •  
henk

Thank you for your feedback. Kerio support did not report back but it seems that the last update/patch solved the problem.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2010 09:16]

•  
p0ddie

sometimes, just restarting the slapd process is enough, as is re-reads its ldap schema then. Restarting the server will naturally do that for you.
Previous Topic: Ical Problems kerio connec 7.1 and 7.2 beta
Next Topic: Active Directory Integration - Domain not valid
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:48:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00504 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.