Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » iWork
  •  
jcwelch

Send a private message to this user
I saw that Workspace supports OpenOffice

is iWork on that list? It's a critical package for us.
  •  
PeterBarlow

Yes please! We'd really like this on the todo list too, especially with WebDAV posting and access of/to files from iPads.
  •  
jcwelch

that's in the private beta forums, so most of us cannot see it.
  •  
My IT Indy

I just uploaded and downloaded a Pages document successfully.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
jcwelch

i'd expect up/downloading to work, that's server 101. what about previewing, and all the other functionality
  •  
My IT Indy

Nope, I get a "Preview of filetype "numbers" is not available." error.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
PeterBarlow

Yes jcwelch, I took you to be referring to the capability to "web preview" files as per the file types defined on p27 of the Step-by-step guide, and was asking if the iWork file types might be on the dev list to be added.
I've got my fingers crossed.
Either way, I've just answered my own question here in terms of iPad usage, as when iWork apps on iPads 'share' files to a network share, they give the option of uploading as .DOC/.XLS/.PPT, or .PDF, as well as iWork native types. The gotcha is that the network share needs to be WebDAV. So that is what I'm hoping will come.
  •  
macjimbo

I don't seem to be able to upload any Numbers or Pages files - they are showing dimmed out when I go to the upload files area.

What am I doing wrong? Others seem to be able to upload (but not preview in Workspace).

Cheers

James
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

I suspect that iWork document are not really files, but directories - bundles. This is a format that's generally difficult to transfer over network. If you're using iWork '09, there should be an option in Preferences that allows you to tell iWork to save document as single files. I googled something here:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=2009050305070380

As for the web preview support: we use OpenOffice.org import filters to generate the previews on the servers. Unless there is an import filter for iWork files in OpenOffice, it's unlikely that we'll be able to support them.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
macjimbo

thanks for that helpful reply Jarda. Unfortunately I am on iWork 08 so looks like I need to upgrade myself, and my team Sad Why is nothing ever easy???
  •  
Jennifer

We would really like web preview support for iWork. Hopefully this is something that can be pushed for in future releases.
  •  
rvgulik

Previous Topic: Version Control?
Next Topic: Viewing Excel docs in Workspace
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 00:06:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00529 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.