Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » install problems (untable to install on mac mini 10.6.4 server)
  •  
tomotechi

Send a private message to this user
Error:

The software to be installed requires an Intel CPU which is not available on this computer.

This computer is a brand new Mac Mini with OS X Server 10.6.4 installed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

Kerio Workspace runs only on Macs with Intel CPUs and the installer performs a check if your Mac isn't a Power PC. Obviously, something went wrong during the check. I'll let you know when I learn more from the engineering team.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader
  •  
tomotechi

Yes, it might be a problem with the package. I'm analyzing it with PackageMaker now to see if it can be corrected locally.
  •  
My IT Indy

Well, if it's running 10.6.4 server it IS an Intel server. I had the same problem installing inside a VMWare Fusion VM as the CPU type came up "Unknown".

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
samvenning

I got the same error trying to install on an Xserve (Intel, 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon). Error "Kerio Workspace can't be installed on this computer. The software to be installed requires an Intel CPU which is not available on this computer".

I'm keen to install and evaluate Kerio Workspace it looks really good!
  •  
tomotechi

I resorted to installing locally on a macbook pro. This worked and I was able to check it out : )
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,
everyone who cannot install the server on a Mac: can you send me the output of these commands?

sysctl -n hw.machine
uname -a

?

Thanks,
Jarda
  •  
PeterBarlow

Sounds like there must be some sort of variation somewhere, as I've installed successfully on a Mac mini Server with 10.6.4, no problem reported, running fine. ???
  •  
tomotechi

sysctl -n hw.machine
x86_64

uname -a
Darwin FQDN 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:27:12 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
  •  
samvenning

Here on our server (Intel, 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon) running Mac OS 10.6.4 Server:

ladmin$ sysctl -n hw.machine
x86_64
abt:~ ladmin$ uname -a
Darwin ###.com.au 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:27:12 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
abt:~ ladmin$

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2010 00:31]

•  
masselli

Last login: Fri Oct 1 14:25:20 on console
macmini:~ admin$ uname -a
Darwin macmini.prob 10.4.1 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.1: Wed May 12 21:34:51 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.50~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
macmini:~ admin$
macmini:~ admin$ sysctl -n hw.machine
x86_64
macmini:~ admin$

MacMini Server - Can't Install, says it's not an Intel Proc.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2010 17:05]

•  
Matt S

Just to throw into the mix... can't install this on Ubuntu Server 10 64bit. Haven't tried a 32bit OS yet, but shouldn't have to.
  •  
greg_m

Same problem here, Intel Xserve 2x Quad Core Xeon, can't install the trial. Tells me I don't have an Intel processor.
  •  
tomjac

Same problem on Xserve 2x Quad-Core Intel Xeon.
"Kerio Workspace can't be installed on this computer. The software to be installed requires an Intel CPU which is not available on this computer."

Last login: Sat Aug 28 19:32:06 on console
baker:~ admin$ sysctl -n hw.machine
x86_64
baker:~ admin$ uname -a
Darwin baker.intervisionmedia.com 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:27:12 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello everyone,

we already fixed this problem and the bugfix will be included in the next released version. We were incorrectly detecting 64-bit systems. Thank you all for reporting and helping us solve the issue.

Jarda Snajdr
Workspace Team Leader

Previous Topic: Supervisor of Network Services
Next Topic: Problem with AD simple bind failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:27:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.