Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » public links to a file or folder
  •  
willoneal

Send a private message to this user
there should be the ability to create a public link to a file or folder. This way, when you are in Workspace, you should be able to create an expiring, or one time use, link to a file that makes it public (and the admin needs to be able to enable and disable this.

And similar to that feature, the ability to request a file from someone and have the system upload it to the space where it was requested from would be huge. If it was a folder, the system should unzip the files contained in the folder and show them in the workspace (after virus checking it, of course, or after the admin approves it.

And when it happens, a note to the admin or the space owner should be generated so the user knows something has happened on their space.
  •  
pcunix

Yes, absolutely.

You could have the option to limit the instantly visible "public" stuff to admin users, but there needs to be a way for content to simply appear in every users workspace.

I really don't think I could sell this without that.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
pcunix

In the same vein, users should be able to optionally automatically subscribe to all content (now and future) of another user.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
willoneal

pcunix wrote on Thu, 07 October 2010 09:00
In the same vein, users should be able to optionally automatically subscribe to all content (now and future) of another user.

agreed. If you have to manually share each space, that is again a time waste.

I just made a space public from my own login.

I then logged in as the admin user, and I can not see the space listed under all spaces. I guess I see how it works - I had to share the folder a level up, but that raises the point in my next post.
Previous Topic: related xlsx files.
Next Topic: admin sharing problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:43:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.