Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Local User Deactived/Domain user with same ID won't work (Who wins, local or domain accounts with the same name?)
  •  
Terry

Send a private message to this user
Tried to submit this via the "Report Problem" button in the admin section, but that didn't work.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a local user with same name as an active directory user, then deactiavte local user. Now add the "new" active directory user with the "old" name.

Expected result:
Active directory user account should work. Shouldn't it?

Actual result:
Unable to access (incorrect user/pass), here is the log;
____________________________________________________________ __
[06/Oct/2010 08:21:42] WARN: Authentication failed for user twoodcom.kerio.workspace.WorkspaceServerException at com.kerio.workspace.User.authenticate(User.java:321) at com.kerio.workspace.APIHandler.authenticateUser(APIHandler.j ava:81) at com.kerio.workspace.LoginServlet.doPost(LoginServlet.java:39 ) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206) at com.kerio.workspace.HibernateSessionFilter.doFilter(Hibernat eSessionFilter.java:28) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standar dWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standar dContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHo stValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepo rtValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Standard EngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAd apter.java:298) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11Ap rProcessor.java:859) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionH andler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:579) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoin t.java:1555) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
____________________________________________________________ __

Used software:
Kerio Workspace 1.0.0 beta 5 build 897
Win2k8r2 x64 Server
Firefox 3.6.10
IE 8.0.6001

Anyone else have this same problem? Any resolution?

-Terry.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2010 15:37]

•  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hello,

1) What was the problem with action "Report Problem". Any error ?
2) Issue with AD: Try to login as user@ad_domain

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Terry

I tried changing the mail FQDN to ip, same issue, tried reentering the user/pass and it worked (must have fat-fingered something...) So the "report problem" issue was me and it's fixed.

With both a local and AD account built with the same name and password, I can log in with USER@DOMAIN.COM or USER. Oddly enough it's like they can't "see" each other for sharing purposes, so I can give one permission to the others pages. When I deactivate the local account, the AD account (even with the <_at_>DOMAIN.COM) is unable to log in. (However, I can deactivate the AD account with no impact on the local account.)

Odd. I may just delete and reinstall. Need any info before I do?
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Terry wrote on Fri, 08 October 2010 15:14
I tried changing the mail FQDN to ip, same issue, tried reentering the user/pass and it worked (must have fat-fingered something...) So the "report problem" issue was me and it's fixed.

With both a local and AD account built with the same name and password, I can log in with USER<_at_>DOMAIN.COM[/email] or USER. Oddly enough it's like they can't "see" each other for sharing purposes, so I can give one permission to the others pages. When I deactivate the local account, the AD account (even with the <_at_>DOMAIN.COM) is unable to log in. (However, I can deactivate the AD account with no impact on the local account.)

Odd. I may just delete and reinstall. Need any info before I do?

It's strange, it works well for me.
When authentication user<_at_>domain.com (activated account) fails, what's in security log ?

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: Will the future platforms include....
Next Topic: Server License Expired
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:48:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.