Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » HowTo stop/start/restart KWS-Server?
  •  
stk_jj

Send a private message to this user
I found no prefpane (similar to Kerio Connect) nor any shell-command mentioned in the step-by-step manual nor anything that worked in the console (there are startup.sh/shutdown.sh in /usr/local/kerio/workspace/tomcat/bin - but both only quit with errormessages) so I took the brutal method to force-close via activitymonitor (giving a restart thanks to launchd).

Restart was necessary to change portnos as standard-port 80 is already taken by OS X Servers Aapche. BTW: is there a chance to deploy the build-in Tomcat of OS X Server, rather than running another instance of it?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2010 17:54]

•  
samvenning

Before I install Kerio Workspace I'd like to know how to set the port number. I don't want it to interfere with existing service using port 80.
  •  
stk_jj

PortNo's are stored at /usr/local/kerio/workspace/tomcat/conf/catalina.properties
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

there is a dialog for that in the Admin console, called "Server ports". You'll need to restart the service after saving the changes.

Jarda
  •  
stk_jj

kerio_jsnajdr wrote on Mon, 11 October 2010 20:50

there is a dialog for that in the Admin console, called "Server ports".

1.) you must be able to reach the admin console to change the ports. Within the presently distributed README this can only be done by URL http://servername/admin/login via the standardport. In case this port is already taken by an other webservice, it's not evident for an average user/admin how to reach the console though. Your hint that the console is as well available @ https://servername:4060/admin should be added to the README!

kerio_jsnajdr wrote on Mon, 11 October 2010 20:50
You'll need to restart the service after saving the changes.

2.) this still leaves my original question unanswered: How can this be done? There is no procedure either documented nor implemented in the GUI.

Best regards Stefan
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

1) yes, managing the Workspace service is one of weak points of the current beta. Incomplete info in manual, missing prefpane, etc. We're working on fixing all of these problems.

2) Workspace on Mac uses launchd to manage the service. It can be restarted from command line (as root):

launchctl stop com.kerio.workspace.application

Jarda
  •  
beskone

Ok, that command stopped the Workspace server, but issuing a start command in launchD doesn't restart the server.

can you please give more details on stopping and starting the server from the Terminal?

Thanks
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello,

1. Stopping the service:
launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kerio.workspace.application.plist

2. Starting the service:
launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.kerio.workspace.application.plist

3. Restarting the service:
launchctl stop com.kerio.workspace.application

In the next beta version, we'll be adding a Preference Pane that will allow you to do these actions by clicking a UI buttons.

Jarda

•  
tomotechi

any chance we can have access to the linux commands for starting and stopping? i found:

kerio-workspace-application and kerio-workspace-rendering in /etc/init.d/ but haven't been able to use them properly yet.

any suggestions?

thx!
  •  
Kedar

start of Kerio Workspace from command line:
sudo /etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-rendering start
sudo /etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-application start

shutdown is similar:
sudo /etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-application stop
sudo /etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-rendering stop
Previous Topic: Libre Office + Workspace = broken
Next Topic: Workspace logos
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 22:44:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00524 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.