Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » No NTML?
  •  
ICT and Me

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

Could it be that the Linux variant doesn't support NTLM?
Because i can't find it in the listing in advanced?
CRAM etc etc are there but no NTLM.
Bug?? or isn't there.
I ask because i have problem to use NTLM from systems within a domain. So i must set everybody manual and that isn't the meaning.

With regards,
Carlo Turk
ICT and Me

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
TorW

Assuming you have Windows/Outlook/KOFF clients, KMS/KC on Linux and a Windows domain to which the clients belong; If you want to authenticate users against Active Directory, use Kerberos instead of NTLM. NTLM only works (as far as I know) if the mail server runs on a Windows member server.

Remember that it's the mail server who authenticates users against itself or AD, not the client.
  •  
ICT and Me

NTLM is needed to do authentication with KOFF automatic
Manual it works fine with Kerberos, but not automatic (Single Sign On). When user change password within domain the password must be changed automatic with in KOFF. And that will be done with NTLM.

As far i can find in the manual is NTLM a protocol to talk against ADS.

So....

Or could it be that the CentOS must be a member to the domain?

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
sedell

CentOS won't work. For NTLM to work, the server must be a Windows member server, as TorW said. In other words, the server must be running Windows, and must be a member of the Active Directory domain. If you're not on a Windows server, I don't believe you even get the option to enable NTLM.

Scott
  •  
ICT and Me

So Kerio Connect (on linux) can't communicate with AD Servers to do NTLM?
Then what's the use to enable "Allow NTLM authentication for users with Kerberos(tm) authentication (form Active Directory)" if there is no NTLM.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
TorW

You answered yourself in message number 2 in this thread Smile
Previous Topic: New server migration
Next Topic: Custom Rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 07:00:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.