Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Best quota practises on Linux (How to check on quota automatically )
  •  
netground

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We will be rolling out Kerio for our users soon, and I´m testdriving it for quite some time now and pretty happy with it.

Running it in a VMware Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit environment on a ext4 filesystem. The VM resides as a VFMS in a EMC CX4 storage, which is pretty fast.

Now, currently I'm finding out how to automate Quota checks for users/mailboxes in a nightly event. Running a perl-kinda thing in a crontab would be excellent, but also sending out emails (if possible, even to a 2nd end-user emailaccount) to the end-user and administrator. Could not find it, but perhaps I'm on friday-feelin-relaxed mode ...

How did you guys work this out?

Thanks in advance!

Hans

Net Ground B.V.
Domainname registration, webhosting, Kerio hostedmail, Streaming VOD and Live streams, Virtual servers (VMware), dedicated servers, managed servers, cloudhosting.

http://www.netground.nl
  •  
TorW

We use a shell script which parses various config files (a.o. users.cfg) to find out allocated quota, spent quota and percentage used. The list only shows users above 85% usage. We mail it to our central support account every night and adjust quotas in accordance with business parameters. Works like a charm.
  •  
netground

Hi TorW,

Thanks for the reply!

We found out that a simple "du -hd1" represents a different value then the Qstorage field in Users.cfg. Do you have some examples of your scripts? We can ofc build from scratch, but perhaps you have some experience in load delivered to the server by using, or, not using specific command's.

We don't want to hit our SAN too much for some simple quota commands. We will start using the API command's and see what else we can figure out, but some pointers are always welcome Smile

Hans

Net Ground B.V.
Domainname registration, webhosting, Kerio hostedmail, Streaming VOD and Live streams, Virtual servers (VMware), dedicated servers, managed servers, cloudhosting.

•  
TorW

Kerio Connect has no API, so the scripts are regular Unix shell scripts which picks up the relevant data from various places, formats the report and mails it off. The I/O is negligible. Send me a PM with your mail address and I'll contact you.
  •  
netground

Just PM'd you!

Net Ground B.V.

•  
faisex

I was reading through your post, and I am also in search of a similar thing. can i also PM you my Id for pointers.
  •  
Kedar

Previous Topic: SPAM RULESET
Next Topic: Anyone using an SSD drive or SSD Raid?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 23:56:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.